M

Thu, Nov 18, 2021 10:31 PM

Sim card locked

I went to the local  boost mobile store to change my SIM card on my GalaxyS10e (which i purchased on January 2021), as i was getting a no SIM card detected message. The lady at the store replaced the SIM card and the SIM card locked my phone. The lady at the store called customer service and was told i needed to wait a month before i can unlock my phone. In the mean time the lady at the store provided me with a temporary downgraded phone and placed my phone number on that phone. In the mean time my GalaxyS10e has a different phone number attached to it and it cannot be unlocked. I was wondering what caused it to lock when the lady at the store switched the SIM card and if there any way around unlocking it without waiting a month.

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

11 d ago

Hello @mruiz68! The new sim card is not compatible with the Samsung S10E, we would advise you to go back to the store to see what could be done about getting a new phone.

3 Messages

@Ojay76 who will pay for this new phone? 

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

@mruiz68 That is something you will want to ask when you get to the store, to see if they can replace it with one that works. We don't have the ability to replace the phone here on this platform. 

1 Message

6 d ago

I also attempted to have the sim card updated but fortunately the Boost rep. refused to install the new sim card because he knew I would not be able to use the phone after that. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e. I am experiencing dropped calls with a message that says "you have no SIM card and can only make 911 emergency calls". Are we having fun yet?

3 Messages

@birdlady

What is being done about this problem?