bug1996's profile

Mon, Aug 3, 2020 5:00 PM

Samsung S8 not able to receive/make calls or texts

My phone had an update over the weekend and since then I have not been able to make or receive calls or texts.  I have done all the cache clearing, starting and restarting with no luck.  Any thoughts?  I need my phone to work from home and log into a secure VPN so I am desperate.

Responses

16 Messages

1 y ago

I'm getting the same runaround as you and have been with them for years. This company and its service were just fine until they merged and DISH took over. I posted a huge rant earlier today that explains why this company is gonna go down the drain if they don't figure out their issue REALLY QUICKLY.

46 Messages

1 y ago

Waste of time! Calls and messages with are going nowhere! Im changing carriers this weekend

46 Messages

1 y ago

3 updates and about 100 resets, including full factory, new sim card, 727 thing about 100 times and still on 3G

10 Messages

1 y ago

The September 1, 2020 system update seems to have resolved this issue for me.

Ignore any recommendations from Boost to remove your SIM card, or do the ##72786# thing.  None of that works.

Just go to SETTINGS->SYSTEM UPDATES->DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.

16 Messages

1 y ago

Yup - they are going to lose a lot of business because of this...

16 Messages

1 y ago

I'm in California and having the same problems...it's not your phone, it's Boost's service issues since the merger with DISH network. They are going to lose lots of business if they can't fix this ASAP.

10 Messages

1 y ago

Do a System update to your phone. The 9/1/2020 system update seems to have resolved things for me.

33 Messages

1 y ago

AStack75,
Same here. Issue seems to be resolved after update.

Bummer that we paid for TWO MONTHS of service when we didn't get service.

Turns out that you can spend about $20 with a third party to unlock your phone from Boost, even if you haven't done 12 months with Boost. Google "unlock boost phone". It works!!

There are other discount carriers with same or better service options, and $20 seems like a pretty good deal to get a lower bill!

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

46 Messages

1 y ago

How do you send private messages

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there, @JS0930. We replied to your private message, but didn't receive a response. Please, send us another private message to continue assisting you.

16 Messages

1 y ago

I did send a private message to you...no response, no fix, no nothing. What's the point of requesting a private message if you're not going to do anything with it?

46 Messages

1 y ago

Didn't for me and no matter what I do no LTE

46 Messages

1 y ago

I've been doing this for weeks, I keep getting the run around they have been telling me for a month that a update will be released soon to permanently fix this issue, i will not give them another dime, if not fixed by next bill due, switching carriers

16 Messages

1 y ago

I've had 5 different "Social Care" agents reach out to me in private message, and each one asks me for the same info I've already given to the other ones: phone number and pin, explanation of problems, etc.
Why can't this company get their stuff together and help me? I've posted on this message board in great depth and detail exactly what is wrong.