NeedANewCarrier's profile

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 7:00 PM

Samsung J7 Perx - MMS stopped working

OK Boost Mobile. I've read the man threads about MMS suddenly stop working on older Samsung phones. I expect this is an issue with the merger of T-Mobile and Sprint since T-Mobile wants to spin off Boost Mobile. This has been handled poorly with us losing our MMS without warning. Why not offer us an incentive to switch to T-Mobile and buy a new device and plan? Anyway, so what are the solutions to get my MMS back? This is vital to me getting video notifications for monitoring my properties via security cameras.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the MMS.

To better assist you, please send us a private message with the following information: 

- Phone number 
- PIN 
- DEC or IMEI  (dial *#06# to get it)
- SIM card number (ICCID) 

3 Messages

1 y ago

My boyfriend and I both have J7 Perx phones too with the same problem. Customer service tried to troubleshoot with me today and ultimately told me to factory reset my phone. They know this issue has been going on for months and they want their customers to wipe out their phones as solutions. We were previously with Virgin Mobile which I had for years and loved. Boost Mobile does not seem interested in keeping us as customers. We were transferred here without any choice, you have done nothing to make me want to stay with you Boost.

15 Messages

1 y ago

I had the sam problem with my J7 Perx. The work around that worked for me was to go into settings, mobile network, and set network mode to CDMA. This restores MMS and group texting but makes your phone run as a 3G phone.

1 Message

1 y ago

Is there an actual solution for this?

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there. Please send us a private message with your current address to verify the service in your area.

3 Messages

1 y ago

I did what the poster above you said and it worked for us. We are on the 3g, but finally able to send & receive pictures again.

3 Messages

1 y ago

Yeah, I'm currently looking too.

2 Messages

1 y ago

That's not good enough for me. I'll be getting a new phone and new service provider on Thursday. Enough of this nonsense.

9 Messages

1 y ago

Tried all of the work around. I contacted boost and they forwarded my case to escalations. That was 5 days ago. They said it would be 24-72 hours. I have yet to get anymore updates from them. I did all they asked from clearing cache to ##72786# to factory reset and updated everything. Still no solution

9 Messages

1 y ago

This seems to be a very common problem with the samsung j7 perx currently. So you are not alone with this issue. I just wish they would tell us what's going on. I can accept answers from "oops...we don't know and are currently looking into it" to " yea..get a new phone..."

9 Messages

1 y ago

And I contacted them privately. Before they respond I want to make that known.

1 y ago

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8+, my brother's S9 and my mother's Samsung J7 P... I am so annoyed MMS can not send or receive., and we keep getting error message: network error occurred. Also for awhile there we could not use the internet they did fix that issue. I have tried on two occasions to fix per the Boost CSR instructions and nothing has helped. I have ##7..., updated PRL and everything else no luck. And to top it off, I did not receive a callback from the CSR to verify that the phone was working properlyI Very annoyed and disappointed in the service or lack there of. Maybe it is time to shop around for adifferent provider as others have indicated. That's a shame. I never had a real problem with Boost until now....

3 Messages

1 y ago

Hey Boost,

Fix this mess.  Same phone/plan for 3+ years and suddenly can't send/receive MMS over the mobile network.  

Switching the Mobile Network setting to 'CDMA' is what worked for me just a few minutes ago.  (Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > select 'CDMA') 

Couldn't receive/send MMS over the network starting last Tuesday 10/13..  When I got home on my wifi, I was able to download the MMS messages that were sent to me earlier in the day and I could send MMS as well..

Since then, tried all the other 'fixes' that didn't do anything.... turn off wifi, ##72786#, update PRL and Profile, tried another messaging app, and checked all the various data,, network, and messaging settings that I could.

So now if I want to send/receive MMS, I have to go into settings and switch the mobile network setting to CDMA/3G, restart the phone, and then send/download MMS........and then if I want to get back on LTE/4G I have to change the setting and restart my phone again?

Will be moving to a new carrier in 3 weeks before my next billing period if this is not resolved.  Curse work ridiculous.

3 Messages

1 y ago

Problem since Tues 10/20, not 10/13.

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there! Please send us a private message so we may work with you and find a solution to this problem. 

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.