rigsy's profile

11 Messages

Sat, Jun 2, 2018 1:00 PM

Samsung j3 emerge

neither my tv, nor my laptop, recognize the hotspot from my phone. do i have to change some setting for it to be recognized?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

11 Messages

3 y ago

yes, my laptop AND my former TV would both be able to connect to the internet, but now it doesn't recognize either one. as a matter of fact, i was trying to connect to the internet through my new TV and figured I had done something wrong with the connections so I tried to look it up online using my computer but couldn't.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

3 y ago

Hi there rigsy. Have you been able to connect these devices previously? Victor21

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

3 y ago

@rigsy, did technical support resolve the issue?

11 Messages

3 y ago

I also was on hold for over 20 minutes with support and spoke to Brian who "reset" my phone.

11 Messages

3 y ago

no...i thought that was understood from my inquiry.

Boost Care

• 

3.8K Messages

3 y ago

Sorry to hear that. Does the hotspot's name show up on the devices that you are trying to connect? 

Boost Care

• 

3.8K Messages

3 y ago

Does the no network show once you access a web browser or as soon as you try to connect the laptop to your phone?

11 Messages

3 y ago

the no network shows immediately on the laptop and i guessyou could say immediately on my TV. But the TV never registers the name so i only get as far a entering the password in the set up, so Im not sure.

Boost Care

• 

3.8K Messages

3 y ago

Are you able to use regular data services on the phone itself?

11 Messages

3 y ago

lol...yes...otherwise you wouldn't see these replies since they are through my phone. the hotspot is my only access to the internet aside from my phone.

11 Messages

3 y ago

yes, the name is visable. but when i select the name and enter the password, it says that there is no network or something to that effect, at least on my laptop. on my TV, i have no idea because it doesnt show a list.

11 Messages

3 y ago

however, i did try bringing up the browser just for giggles but was told there was no network nor internet connection. i also tried connecting on my TV but was told the same thing.

Boost Care

• 

3.8K Messages

3 y ago

We understand. Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

11 Messages

3 y ago

so i take it from your lack of response that the issue is unsolvable and i will just have to do without the. internet. am i correct?

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

3 y ago

We apologize for the inconvenience. We've received your private message and we'll do our best to get this fixed for you ASAP. Thanks!