Fla-S20-Ultra's profile

Tue, Jul 7, 2020 8:00 AM

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra How to activate?

Hello,

I read through the S20 threads which Boostmobile offers on website, but wanted to specifically ask how you were able to activate a S20 Ultra and if you have had any issues since activating?

I believe I found 2 people that activated the S20 Ultra in the forum threads a few months ago.

Looks like they needed to purchase the  1. "Sprint BYOD SimKit... Simolw516TQ" kit and  2. contact a supervisor to get it activated finally.

Has this been resolved to get done quicker or is this still the route to go the 1, 2 steps listed above?  Any others active the S20 Ultra on boost and what service plan??

Appreciate any/all help!!!

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

10 m ago

Hello, @Fla-S20-Ultra. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

1 Message

I have been told my 21 Ultra was compatible with Boost Mobile's network. But... I can't get it activated... What's going on?

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Hi there Mikeeugenew. Not all unlocked phones are compatible with Boost mobile. Please visit www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone/ and enter your Device ID to check if your phone is compatible with Boost mobile.
- Victor21

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

10 m ago

Hello, Fla-S20-Ultra. You must check the compatibility of the cellphone online. Here is the link: https://boost.co/2VWDfRp. If the handset is compatible, the system will direct you to buy a Boost SIM Kit.

5 Messages

10 m ago

Hello Kira_M,

Thank you for your response.  

What would the need be to send a private message to find out about what it takes to activate the S20 Ultra?

I am also hoping others respond that have been successful.

Thanks!

5 Messages

10 m ago

@RossyC 

I am waiting to receive the unlocked phone from samsung.com directly.

Boost Care

• 

3.4K Messages

10 m ago

Understood. The IMEI is required to verify if the phone is compatible.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

10 m ago

Hey there @Fla-S20-Ultra We can assist you through this channel. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~JoyP.

5 Messages

10 m ago

I was able to get my S20 Ultra activated!!!

Followed instructions as noted above.  Received new phone from samsung, entered the IMEI number on boostmobile page listed above and it listed the sim card-->Simolw516TQ which I had to purchase.

You can go to Sprint Store and get one for free, you just have to make sure they give you the correct sim card.  My girlfriend picked it up for me as it was on her way home from work.  Unfortunately, they gave her the wrong sim card, which I caught before she left the parking lot by phoning her.  She went back in and the representative stated that was the correct sim card 416TQ  (NOT) according to their system.

We found the boostmobile kit for $9.99 at walmart, so I did it that way instead of playing the games at sprint.

Once I got the correct sim card Simolw516TQ---inserted and follow instructions and phone was activated without having to contact boostmobile reps.  It activated right away as I made right after successfully activating and it works!!!!

Thanks for the help everyone.  I do have one more question,  On boostmobile website it states that I can apply for the insurance with activation within 30 days;  I have logged into boost and clicked on the insurance link but I don't see any prompts or links I can click on to add the $7 insurance.   Will I need to call in for this?

Thanks!

1 Message

Or try get insurance through yahoo, base any is $5 per month.   I'm still trying to unlock/activate my s20 ultra  5g verizon phone on the boost network. I've been trying to for 3 DAYS online. It speed the imei was compatible, and I RECIEVED my boost sim in the mail ANY HELP PPL?!?!?!?