abdoul's profile

Fri, Feb 22, 2019 8:00 AM

Samsung Galaxy s10 plus

Hello

I pre-order the Samsung Galaxy s10 plus from Samsung.com and I was wondering if I could activate it with boost mobile? I did the same with my s9 plus last year too, I was hoping it is possible with the s10 plus too. I don't want to have to change my carrier. Please let me know so I can be prepared when I receive my s10 plus.

Thank you,

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

45 Messages

3 y ago

@alex0694 Take your unlocked phone, put in SIMOLW516TQ. If you already have Boost Mobile service call the 1-800 number and have them do a phone swap. It's just that simple.

2 Messages

3 y ago

after you get the right sim do i go through sprint or through boos to get it connected?

2 Messages

3 y ago

i had just read you people don't have the right sim and its not working i bought an unlocked phone and that did not go trough also had a sprint phone and still was not compatible.... it is frustrating......

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

3 y ago

Hi, alex0694. Thanks for contacting us. You can activate the device using the activation tool on our website. https://activate.boostmobile.com/primary/activations-home?intnav=UtilNav:Activate

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

3 y ago

Hi, alex0694! Thanks for contacting us. We are able to activate the Samsung Galaxy S10+ open market version purchased from Samsung only. If the phone comes from a different service provider, even if it is from Sprint it will no work on our network. For more details, please check the Bring Your Own eligibility check tool on our website. https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNav:Phones:BringYourPhone

23 Messages

3 y ago

I purchased an unlocked s10+. All I did was put in the Sim card and activated it on boosts website. Never spoke to any representative .

5 Messages

3 y ago

I bought the Sprint model S10+. The Sprint model will not be compatible? You're saying I need to buy the unlocked S10+?

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

3 y ago

Hey there, JamesEddy2013! That's correct the compatible model is the factory unlocked/Open Market version that is sold directly from Samsung. 

38 Messages

3 y ago

I purchased my S10+ from Best Buy along with the Sprint sim card. They set it up for me and everything works great.

45 Messages

3 y ago

@JamesEddy2013  You should be able to use the Sprint model. It should already have the SIM card that you need installed. So you should be fine. See the post below from @socrfan1 

45 Messages

3 y ago

@JamesEddy2013 I have the unlocked version, but I see plenty of people on here saying they have the Sprint version and it works just fine.

1K Messages

3 y ago

Hey there JamesEddy2013. As long as the device is factory unlock it will work. If you have any other question or concern let us know.

45 Messages

3 y ago

@JamesEddy2013 take a look through some of the S10 chat topics on here. There are people who have the Sprint version of the phone and it works. I would reach out to them and ask them how they got the phone to work. Or just return the phone and get the unlocked version. But then you will have to buy the separate SIM card

45 Messages

3 y ago

@JamesEddy2013 if you have the phone from Sprint it should already have a SIM installed that works. You won't have to do anything except the actual phone swap to Boost Mobile.

5 Messages

3 y ago

And then we'll put a Sprint Sim card in it and it'll work?