ZephyrMelrose's profile

Tue, Jul 14, 2020 4:00 PM

Samsung Galaxy S10 Activation Incomplete Issue

I'm getting a "Activation not complete." message when trying to activate a new Galaxy S10 I bought through a BoostUP promo via the Boost website. Upon receiving it, I inserted the Boost SIM card provided in the packaging and followed the given instructions.  My Boost account says my phone was successfully swapped, but I no longer have working talk, text or data since it keeps telling me I have to activate through Sprint. I read the support pages that said I would need to visit a Boost store to get this fixed so I went to the Boost store in my town and the person there showed me how to check for updates in software and said that should fix it, but alas it did not. If anyone has any help they could offer, that would be fantastic! Thank you! 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Let's take a closer look. Can you send us a private message so we can look into it?

1 Message

1 y ago

I'm having a similar issue, I recently used BoostUp to get the S10 to replace my old phone, bought it through Boost, went and swapped it with no issue, but no service. Went through all the settings, kept getting a Sprint activation prompt after putting in the Boost SIM card. Searched online to find out what the issue might be, only to see that it says the SIM card is locked to the sprint network. Had to switch back to my old phone since it wouldn't recognize the S10 for service even after swapping it. I press the unlock SIM card option in the settings on the S10, just gives me an error saying it can't and keeps prompting for Sprint. At a loss of how to fix it.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear that, @Treegnome. We definitely want to look into this for you. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and the SIM card numbers from the new phone. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Omg, I am literally having the exact same issue. I just received the galaxy s10 in the mail today (used to have the LG Stylo 4+). Purchased it from the boost website. Followed the instructions to replace/switch the sim card it already came with to the expanded network sim card. While my new phone was off, I activated it through the boost website. Turned the new phone on and the only thing it seemed to do was bring over all my contacts through my google account. Everytime I try to call out I get "the service you are attempting to use has been restricted or is unavailable. Please contact customer care for assistance. Message DC15965" And I keep getting the thing about activating the phone through Sprint (which I dont understand why...I have boost) which I attempted to do but it didnt work. So needless to say, neither phone is activated and I cant message or call out. Can someone assist me as well? Thanks

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

1 Message

6 m ago

The thing that worked for me was after I activated my phone with the expanded network sim card and the activation wouldn't complete i simply popped in my old non expanded network boost card from another device let the activation complete then popped the expanded network card back in and bam problem solved after 3 separate chats with customer service with very little help I found this solution on my own by trial and error. This is what worked for me I hope it will also work for anyone who comes across this post in the future. Cheers.

1 Message

2 m ago

I'm having a similar issue, I bought my Samsung galaxy s10 off of amazon unlocked. Everything works well but when I try to activate the service it doesn't work. I'm getting an "Activation incomplete" and  "Invalid SIM card". But when I put the SIM card in my old phone it does work.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Hi there alexaouo. Thank you for contacting us. The old sim card will not work on the new phone. You need to get a new sim card for the phone. 
- Victor21