hobomobo's profile

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 3:00 PM

Note 8 outgoing calls and texts fail

Hi, I have a Note 8 (N950U, bought from Boost store) that starts failing to send outgoing calls and texts. This happens every day at different times. Incoming calls and texts will come through. Reprovisioning the phone (##72786#) fixes it for approximately the rest of the day, but it will start doing the same thing again later. It's getting annoying to have to do this every day.

Firmware N950USQU8DTG1

Things I've tried that don't help:
Airplane on and off
Reset network settings
Update profile
Update PRL
Full factory reset

Reprovisioning is the only thing to help, but I don't want to have to do this every day. Anyone have any ideas?

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

9 m ago

Thank you. Your issues was escalated with ticket number ****** with the information you provided. We thank you for your patience. Please allow 48 hours for any updates.

33 Messages

9 m ago

Thanks much. Might be a good idea to PM ticket numbers instead of posting them in the public thread in the future.

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

9 m ago

You're welcome. Thanks for your suggestion. We're on it.

14 Messages

9 m ago

Just curious, what does it cost to get phone unlocked? My phone was bought through Boost a couple years ago & I've never been late with payments, maybe I need to do this too

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

9 m ago

Hello RD_72. Unlocking your device is free. You just need to have been using your phone for at least 12 months on your Boost Mobile account. If you need assistance with this, please send us a private message. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

14 Messages

9 m ago

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN A FIX FOR THIS YET????

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

9 m ago

Hello RD_72. Please send us a private message so we can verify and assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

14 Messages

9 m ago

Thanks for updating us hobomobo!! Last Sunday I spoke with 3 different agents (they kept transferring me to someone else because NOTHING was working..big surprise, huh!) Anyway, I was told we will not be reimbursed because it isn't a problem with the towers. I was also told that maybe I need to reach out to Samsung. At this point I just couldn't be nice anymore. Not sure what plan you're on thru boost, I have the $35. I can switch to verizon prepaid ($5 more/mo for 3 mo's) similar to what I have now and after third month I'll be at $35, but after a yr it's $25. Now these prices are PLUS taxes & fees, so maybe not a great deal, but I'm sure my service wont be crap like it is now! My last step to try to fix this is asking for a new sim card & requesting Boost unlock my phone...saving that stress for the weekend!!
Best of luck to everyone on here. Please let us know if you find the answer!!!

33 Messages

9 m ago

UPDATE:
I got a text from Boost today saying more info was needed, so I called the number provided.

The rep told me that my previous ticket was closed because they asked for more info and I didn't respond. This is NOT TRUE, just like how the agent claimed i didn't respond earlier in this thread, then I posted screenshots showing that they didn't even try to contact me.

The phone rep made a THIRD ticket for the problem and promised to get on it quickly, just as everyone promised on the previous two tickets. The help from Boost had been non-existant.

We've been with Boost over 5 years. Support like this means it's unlikely we'll see 6. For everyone else, be warned that Boost will not make any effort to help you get what you pay for.

8 Messages

9 m ago

same phone same issue after updating PRL, Profile, software

# # 72786 # worked, needed to be connected to WiFi while dialing reset code

Dial that and let it reset. It'll give you some scary message but then everything came right back

33 Messages

9 m ago

t_in_burnet,
It does work, but that fix seems to be temporary (about a day) for all of us having the problem.

The most frustrating parts are that we don't know when the problem resurfaces until we need to send a call or text, and that Boost is unable or unwilling to make much effort to help.

12 Messages

9 m ago

You can revert the firmware easily... but I say this having worked for Samsung.

It isn't something you want to do b/c as you said: security patches.

33 Messages

9 m ago

UPDATE:
No contact from Boost since the last update.

I reached out to Samsung on their software developer forum, I believe they're aware of the issue, but no guidance yet. This seems to be affecting sprint locked S8/9/10(+) and note 8/9/10.

Coincidentally, we also have a note 8 SM-N950U1 that is not affected. It was purchased unlocked from a refurber on Ebay and activated on Boost.

I would think that the engineers at Boost would have a Samsung contact they could reach out to. I wonder if they've done that?

33 Messages

9 m ago

sakitan, could you elaborate? If I could theoretically get my hands on older firmware, or at least an older radio partition, how could I do this? I do have a current (I think) copy of ODIN.

I miss the open firmware and bootloader days. My S4 was a beast with cyanogenmod.

33 Messages

8 m ago

Even more interesting... my borked phone has firmware version N950USQU8DTG1.

Samsung has released N950USQS8DTG3 on Aug 13 2020 as confirmed at:

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-8/firmware/SM-N950U/SPR/