GalenH13's profile

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 4:00 PM

No 4G LTE service, only 3G service

I have a Galaxy S9 and since a software update three weeks ago, I have not been able to connect to 4G LTE. Every few minutes all day, my phone refreshes the data searching for LTE and then settles on 3G. I live in New York City and I have asked Boost agents multiple times about the problem. The cell towers are fine in my area, nothing is wrong with my account. I have tried just about everything possible. I have done the ##72786# method, updated PRL and Profile, reset my phone, turned on airplane mode, removed and reinserted my SIM card, checked the LTE towers near me, and finally factory reset my phone. Nothing has worked. I went to UBreakIFix and they suggested that maybe due to the Sprint & T-Mobile merge, my phone's antenna cannot pick up LTE service anymore. I honestly am out of options to try and restore my LTE service. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. If nothing else works, I really would like to be sent a new phone because this is ridiculous.

Responses

52 Messages

8 m ago

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. ONE OF THE SUPPORT PEEPS KEEPS ADDING SOLUTION TO THE OP

Boost Care

• 

807 Messages

8 m ago

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this? 

13 Messages

8 m ago

Yes, return the S20. I bought mine at the end of May and it only gets bad 3G coverage. Boost has been no help. I've ordered an unlocked Note20 directly from Samsung and am trading in this S20. I will be going to another carrier.

21 Messages

8 m ago

I literally messaged you 2x and no response. I ended up getting a response from 2 other people still with no help. Asking me questions that don't really make a difference. But yes I got it figured out, kind of. I also asked if one of you could help me pay off the last 2 payments. I don't know where to go and what will happen when I pay it off. It'll end my contract is all I know but I'm not sure what that entails. Like will I still be able to have insurance on the phone? Can it be unlocked after? If so, can you unlock it? So many questions but no answers. Ugh boost is really losing it.
Tip: if you're willing to help then respond when someone does what you ask of them... Like messaging you privately.

I think I noticed you've done this to other people. Seen it in the chats. I've always had pleasant experience with your co-workers. Please don't ruin that experience, Boost service is bad enough.. Community customer service representatives should do better and treat us like the loyal customers most of us are.

Anyway you don't have to respond. I probably pissed you off anyway. If I did, I'm sorry, it's not about your character. But this whole ordeal is ridiculous & Something has to be said.
Hope I got the point across without being too harsh.
Have a wonderful day!
I mean that too 😘

11 Messages

8 m ago

This is just for information. I've already been through everything any rep has asked me to do. I do have LTE coverage and I still only get 3G unless I use an app to force LTE only.

Anyway, when i reset my network settings and reboot, I get this error message on each APN

RilNotifier

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

LTE: ESM - x EMM - 13 APN - x.boost.ispsn

Maybe this will help you guys fix this LTE problem for the multitudes of us samsung users having this issue since the merger and Dish acquisition

7 Messages

7 m ago

I've tried all of that too!!! Sine the END of JULY until now which is Oct 3rd. I'm read to CUT THEIR **bleep**ING CELL TOWER DOWN!!!! Calling them, and or Texting them is USELESS WASTED HOURS!!!! I'm ready to get all of my Army buddies, and all stand in front of their stores, and NOT LET ANYONE in!!!! Maybe then they might start listening!!!!

4 Messages

6 m ago

I am also having this problem. It has been 3G since I got the phone a few months ago and never is 4g/lte. My service even goes out entirely sometimes. I already know boost is gonna same some excuse for it though. I had problems with my last phone and I got every excuse under the sun. In the end they pretty much gave up and said 3G is best ill get. Well I thought a newer phone would work and I was very wrong. Im definitely thinking of ending my boost mobile service and going elsewhere

17 Messages

6 m ago

That's what I would recommend.... I've been dealing with this issue since August and have gotten nowhere. Each time Samsung sends out a new update you'll get about 5 days of normal  LTE and then it will revert back to 3g. The best you can do is use an app like ForceLTE but when your force LTE you can't get calls unless you use a service like Google voice. It's a real pain!

17 Messages

6 m ago

Well I think they're blaming Samsung (which may be right because I heard Sprint was having issues too).  It does seem strange that Samsung updates temporarily seem to fix things.

4 Messages

6 m ago

Can't they get in trouble for false advertising and breaking the contractual obligations of not giving 4g as promised?

Boost Care

• 

3.4K Messages

4 m ago

Hi there ursod87. We definitely want to look into this. Please send us a private message with the details. 

1 Message

4 m ago

I have the same problem and have for a year now with boost mobile on my motorola g6 play... I'm sick of this stuff and switching service asap!!! I've tried EVERYTHING you can possibly do to mend the situation to no avail.

20 Messages

1 m ago

I just got a new boost phone that is supposed to have 4G, but it does not.

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

Hello, Apostalia. Let's take a look at this. What's the make and model of your phone?
- RossyC

20 Messages

i just bought a moto g power 2021

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

@apostalia The Moto G Power is a 3G/4G LTE phone. What seems to be the problem? Is the handset not receiving 4G LTE signal?
- RossyC

20 Messages

the box that the phone came in said it was 4G LTE

when I look under mobile data on the phone there is no 4G LTE to choose

there is only LTE 3G

20 Messages

It says LTE on (Automatic LTE 3/G/2G)

The box it came in said it was a LTE 4G

20 Messages

1 m ago

it is a MOTO G Power 2021

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

@apostalia Is the cellphone not receiving LTE signal?
- RossyC

20 Messages

rossy it gets the lte signal its just that it is only lte 3g not 4g like the box that it came in said it would get

20 Messages

it is a brand new phone

20 Messages

when i switch my phone from data to wifi the lte disappears all together

when i have my data on it does indicate lte

however as i said it is only 3g not 4g

i checked the 4g boost map and it should work were i am

it just is not an option to pick under mobile network>preferred network type

it only list LTE on (automatic LTE/3G/2G), LTE/3G, or 2G only

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

@apostalia LTE is the same network as the 4G. If the cellphone shows LTE or 4G LTE on the notification bar, it means that it's getting the 4G service.
- RossyC

20 Messages

1 m ago

another wierd thing about this phone is under app data usage it says from feb 16-mar15

i didnt get the phone until early march