drew49093's profile

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 2:00 PM

lost 4g service

last week i lost my 4 g service called boost they said hey were doing tower updates an be done by sunday. its thursday and i still have only 3g, so i take it into the boost store and they yell me basically its the update an i now have a 3 g phone.  just bought this phone a 3, 4 months ago. s9+ for 300 bucks

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.3K Messages

8 m ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, @drew49093. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

8 m ago

Thank you for the information. We continue working on your account. We just updated 3 service settings on your account and we need you to please update the network settings on your end dialing ##72786# on your phone. Wait for the update (it should take 2 or 3 minutes) and then check the servive.

6 Messages

8 m ago

No dice still 3g, they guy at the boost store told me yesterday I was basically sol on this. Something to do with the update

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

8 m ago

22 Messages

8 m ago

I made 10 phone calls to boost in the past week and a half about my husbands newly purchased Samsung losing lte capabilities. I handled for him because he works 6/7 days a week and doesn’t have the energy to spend 2 hours on the phone EVERY DAY with boost telling the same story over and over. SO FRUSTRATING!

So finally after doing every troubleshooting tactic known to man THREE times, full factory reset and get a new sim pack (that I had to wait to be shipped) they say to go to boost and get an “ enhanced network “ sim, well like the other reply said the boost store said to replace the sim would be nothing but a waste of time and money.

So I guess we are all sitting here unable to fully conduct business on our phones (my husband has to have internet capabilities to fulfill his job) until Samsung and the new dish owned boost play nice and give us an update???? SMH 

6 Messages

8 m ago

Smh figures they could just refund the phone n I'd get the S10, may call them tomorrow n c. Their answer is now run updates everyday. Then tech support just goes really slow about running you thru the same steps over n over.

22 Messages

8 m ago

I read on reddit r/BoostMobile that someone with an s10 was having the same issue. 
I don’t know if I can post a link, but here goes.... 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoostMobile/comments/i2ok3o/updated_to_latest_amdroid_version_no_4g_access_now/

the guy with the s10 is one of the last comments.

This reddit thread had 63 responses and there was more than one thread about this issue, so I guess every single person on boost with an s 8/9/10+ etc is having the same issue. I feel bad for all the people who wasted money buying useless upgraded sims not knowing they won’t even help. Especially now when money is tight. 
I tried to be nice to every boost rep I spoke to cause I know it isn’t their fault directly, but dang why aren’t they just up front about it being an update issue and stop making everyone lose all their data from useless factory resets? (most data was backed up, but not all.) What a PITA!

Boost is the one that promoted and sold these phones. They should offer us some credit on our bill or something. 

22 Messages

8 m ago

I tried to respond and included a link to a very long reddit that had 63 responses about this issue, but it got blocked. Obviously this is happening to all or most S & S+ boost users. 
One person who had the issue said they had an s10. I would hang in a minute before getting an s10 to make sure you don’t end up with the same issues. 
We are already shopping other companies. I have had my phone long enough to have it unlocked. I know there are restrictions.  Not sure about the S9+...And there are work arounds to get phones unlocked if they don’t want to play nice. 
We have to have our phones to do business. I have an iPhone and it still works for now, but who knows what might happen. 
Plus when dish took over they changed plans and lowered the cap for being throttled which is going to make a lot of people unhappy and ready to run. I have had boost for 5 years and I have been mostly happy (towers go out nearly every time it rains heavy or storms) but once it starts costing us money from lost business it is time to go even if we have to pay a little more. 🙁

If anyone at boost wants to respond please do, cause I know I’m not the only one losing patience. We will gladly take a replacement phone.😉

6 Messages

8 m ago

They sent me a message to call Samsung warranty this morn

6 Messages

8 m ago

They terms of unlocking my 300 brick is to pay for a yes service on this phone