gitanesteel's profile

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 9:00 PM

Galaxy S9+ won't send MMS messages

I activated my S9+ at a Boost store this week.  The phone was reset before activating service.

Using the Messages app it will not send a message as a reply to a group text as MMS and will not send a photo via MMS.  Send group conversation is turned on.  I noticed the Access Point Name on the phone is T-Mobile. 

I don't know if it matters but when connected via wifi the mobile network state shows as disconnected.  When off wifi it shows as connected.  The phone will not send MMS either via wifi or mobile data.

Mobile data has been turned off and on as well as the phone power cycled.

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

1 y ago

Hello, @gitanesteel. Thank you for stopping by. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, @jisunreiner. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

1 Message

1 y ago

Hello, I am having the same issue with my phone as this user mentioned. I also have an S9+ and my APN is shown to be T-mobile. I cannot send MMS, so I cannot send group messages or pictures to my contacts. I hope to get this issue resolved soon. Is there someone I can contact or can you give me guidance through this forum?

2 Messages

1 y ago

I am also having the same issues

7 Messages

10 m ago

I am having the same issue. Is there any solution without having to lose all my Messages data?

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Hi there CS. Thank you for contacting us. Please provide us details of the issue you are experiencing. All case are not the same. 
- Victor21

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

Hi there, C S. Are you currently unable to send MMS to a specific contact or multiple ones? What's the make and model of your phone? Are you using the default Message app to send and receive MMS? Are you able to send regular text messages to all your contacts?
- RossyC

7 Messages

Hi Rossy,

I have only been able to send MMS to 2 contacts since I've had this phone, both of whom had Samsung Galaxy phones and used TMobile. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9. Yes, I'm using the default Messages app and yes, regular text messages send with absolutely no problem.

Up until October 2019, I previously used a Samsung Galaxy J7 and had no trouble sending SMS and MMS using the default Messages app.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

Please, try to send an MMS to yourself and to a different contact, other that the ones you're currently unable to send MMS to. Let us know if you receive an error message.
- RossyC

7 Messages

Hi Rossy,

I'm able to send MMS to myself and also able to receive MMS from my contacts. I'm unable to send MMS to most of my contacts.

I was just sent an MMS to a contact I never tried before and it went through. They have an LG phone and use MetroPCS.