julhawes's profile

Tue, Oct 27, 2020 11:00 AM

Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

For nearly a week I have not been able to use my mobile data or send/receive MMS. I have tried resetting the phone, clearing caches, using the ##72786# reset, and resetting the network. Nothing is working and I am missing important messages from my employees and vendors. My account is completely up to date so there should be no reason I cannot use my mobile data. Ever since the merger I have had issues with my phone and service.

Responses

22 Messages

8 m ago

Just for anyone who reads this, I did PM with the Social Care reps.  While I am appreciative of their intentions, the suggested solution was to do the ##72786# again.

So I did, but that still has not fixed the problem or changed anything that I can see.

So for now I have switched my phone to "CDMA" network mode, which seems to make the phone function correctly, but restricts it to only the 3G network.   Until a better fix is offered.

4 Messages

I am posting this around this issue so people can find it easily. I'm posting as a response to you so I think it will be in the list near the beginning.

Do this:

Activate Developer options (Settings > About phone > Software Information > tap Build Number 8 times). then back out to Settings > Developer options (at the bottom), scroll down to and enable "Mobile data always active".

13 Messages

8 m ago

Yet you can send MMS to others with WiFi on if they're in the boost network.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

8 m ago

Hi. Thanks for contact us. Some devices are manufactured to receive and send Multimedia Messages (MMS) while connected directly to the carrier's network. If you have any other question or concern, feel free to reply.

22 Messages

8 m ago

FWIW I have switched to Cricket Wireless with the same phone and am very pleased so far. Cricket is actually slightly cheaper with a dual line discount than Boost but I do not get the free 10 GB of hotspot. So it's a trade-off. But I can send MMS messages with Wi-Fi on again!

2 Messages

7 m ago

****** Since when?!? Never had any problems till a couple months ago

8 Messages

7 m ago

Thank you for bringing this issue to the forefront. It has been such a PAIN and Boost won't take ownership. I've had them for YEARS and never had this issue until now. It's the most frustrating thing. Nothing fixes it. Switching to another service is an awesome idea and I will plan to do the same!! Thank you 🙂

8 Messages

7 m ago

It has for years, that's not true. This is a recent issue.

8 Messages

7 m ago

That does not work and a insufficient solution. Please do your due diligence to either correct this issue or let us know why this is happening.

Boost Care

• 

2.3K Messages

7 m ago

Hello, @jeanineb20. We're sorry to know that you're also experiencing this issue. Please send us a Private Message so we can take a look. 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

16 Messages

7 m ago

You're absolutely correct when you say this has never been the case. I have had Boost and this Samsung Galaxy 8 for years, and just last month is when this began. I have a feeling it's because they want to run up everyone's data usage by getting them to switch off wifi to send/receive messages. This is a BOOST ISSUE, not a Samsung issue, and they are spinning the narrative to make it look like MMS issues were always there. Time to get a better carrier, even though I've been happy with them for years before this. Sucks for me and sucks for them since they won't be making any more $ off me. I posted a big rant about how I've called 5 times this month and received a different answer for the problem every time - tower issues, Samsung problem, update problem, tower again, etc. They have no idea what to say because they aren't interested in fixing it, just lip service until you decide to hang up. This DISH merger is probably the end for Boost - it's certainly looking like the end for me, too.

8 Messages

7 m ago

Ok, I will.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

7 m ago

Hi there jeanineb20. We definitely want to look into this. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, and street address and we will verify. victor21

4 Messages

Why is this always private message stuff? This is a common issue across your Samsung customers with either the merger or Android update that happened around the same time. Is it a secret you don't want others to know how to fix?

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Hi, meanmark8! The reason for privacy is to protect our customers account information. Are you having any issues at this time? - Boost_MasielQ

4 Messages

Not anymore, I found this and it fixes this issue. I don't believe you need to private message anyone, just tell them to do this:

Activate Developer options (Settings > About phone > Software Information > tap Build Number 8 times). then back out to Settings > Developer options (at the bottom), scroll down to and enable "Mobile data always active".

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

@meanmark8 We're glad to know that the issue was resolved. Get back to us if you need further assistance. We remain at your service.

- RossyC

8 Messages

7 m ago

I have called several times, even spoke to a supervisor in your office who couldn't help at all. Not sure if sending a private message will help any further. I've tried everything possible and Boost kept placing the blame on Samsung. My phone is new and I hadn't problems with it all year until August. I think it has something to do with TMobile integrating with Boost. It has been such a PAIN and Boost won't take ownership. I've had your service for YEARS and never had this issue until now. It's the most frustrating thing. Nothing fixes it and no one will seem to tell me why this is happening. 

8 Messages

7 m ago

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more! It's sad I just private messaged them and they had me do the same things I've been doing several times ##72786#. They said they don't have a solution right now. It's unfortunate to continue to lose valuable loyal customers over this, it's severe enough to make people walk away and I don't think they understand the repercussions. I too will be joining in on switching carriers, this is a major inconvenience that should have been fixed by now.

8 Messages

7 m ago

Hi, 

I recently activated an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8+. It won't send picture texts, and won't send replies to group text messages. I've spent hours on help with both Samsung and Boost, and nothing has worked. Boost suggested I need to buy a different phone - that it is a software issue. Is there something that can be done? Thank you!