GalaxyUser's profile

Thu, Jul 23, 2020 4:00 PM

Galaxy s20 activation problem

Have a galaxy s20 that I'm trying to activate online but keep getting an error saying there was a problem try again later. It's been two days.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there! We are really sorry to hear that you are experiencing inconveniences activating your Samsung device. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

3 Messages

1 y ago

Just as an update... this problem never got resolved. Multiple private messages sent requesting an update... same generic response almost a week and a half later.

Brief background... galaxy s20 bought from boost under boost up program. Was working except for 4g/lte but that's another story. Wanted to take advantage of the expanded data network, called boost, was told all good just need to go get the new sim card.

Cool, go to local boost store to get the sim... was told EDN is not compatible with the s20....ok.... so no big deal, original, previously working, sim put back on account... but s20 was removed from the account (for some reason) and replaced with a galaxy s7.

Now neither store clerk nor boost customer service can switch it back due to "something went wrong, try again later" error. Was told problem was escalated and to try from the my account swap device later. Week and a half later... repeated inquiries result in... it's escalated, please wait... we'll let you know.

At this point, haven't used my phone at all and I'm expected to pay a full month's service and phone payment? Ha, I think not.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, GalaxyUser. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

3 Messages

1 y ago

Update... got calls and texts back 2 days ago... but now no data whatsoever. Done the ## code, reset network settings, factory reset, removed and reinstalled sim card... mobile network state just sits at "connecting". I think my sim card is screwed. How do I go about getting a new, non expanded data network sim?

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Sorry to hear that @GalaxyUser. You can purchase a SIM card at a Boost Mobile store.