seanf68's profile

Wed, Jul 8, 2020 9:00 AM

Galaxy S20 Activation Issue

I just received my Samsung Galaxy S20 5G that I ordered from Boost Mobile (to replace my Galaxy S8 which has died).

The S20 came with a different SIM card in an envelope, so I removed the SIM card that was in the phone and replaced it with the one from the envelope.

I went online and went through the Activation process to transfer my existing number, which seemed to go okay.

I went through the regular set up process on the S20.

It has been over an hour now, and my S20 has notifications that say "Invalid SIM card" and "Please contact Sprint to unlock your device."

Please help.

Accepted Solution

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there @seanf68 Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~JoyP.

51 Messages

1 y ago

Just wanted to say thanks to Joy for getting my phone up and working.

7 Messages

1 y ago

I am having this same issue, but can't get anybody on the phone through for tech support. How were you able to contact someone?

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, @JRogers26. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

7 Messages

1 y ago

OK, done

1 Message

1 y ago

I have this same issue and im curious what the solution is.

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there @sheb Thank you for contacting us. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~JoyP.

5 Messages

1 y ago

I am also having this same issue. Can someone please help?

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there @Kellyg18! Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

5 Messages

1 y ago

Here are the steps:
From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray. Tap Settings > Software update > Download and install. Wait for the device to check for updates. Tap OK > Start. When the restart message appears, tap OK.
5:03 PM
From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. ... Navigate: Settings > General management. ... Tap Reset network settings. Review the info then tap Reset settings. ... To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.
Then, please restart the phone.