Kyoshi's profile

Mon, Nov 11, 2019 2:00 AM

Do I need to activate service just to use WIFI??? (A10e)

So I bought the Galaxy A10e recently. Good phone for the price. Here's the thing; When I buy a phone, I don't buy it for hte phone service. That to me is a waste of money and never worth it for my life. What is worth having a phone for is literally everything else. So I buy this phone and all is good until it sends me a message saying I must activate the phone or return it. Then I try to connect to anything with wifi and now it won't let me. Is this phone seriously disabling even my ability to connect to WIFI if I don't activate the overpriced phone service as well?

My old phone was a dinky $40 AT&T LG and it did not require this under any circumstances, so if this is seriously the case with this new $100 phone, let's just say any phone with boost mobile will be on my "avoid at all costs" list.

Responses

2 Messages

2 y ago

No you dont have to have phone service to use wifi

1 Message

7 m ago

Did you ever figure out how to fix this problem i am having the same problem on my phone.

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

5 m ago

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We definitely value your feedback.

2 Messages

Your company is TRASH!

1 Message

5 m ago

I just bought a Boost mobile phone last Thursday and the person above is correct. Even my Mororola G Fast, will not let me use my home wifi or even access anything without me activating the brand new phone from boost mobile and having a paid and active service plan. Which I find completely outrageous. “The fact it says in order to use the device even for home wifi we must activate it or return the device to the store.  Who are they to force this on us when millions are struggling. We should have a right to use our home wifi without being on a plan as needed.

While Verizon has not done this, Thank God. Boost has gone from good to just as bad as AT&T,, Sprint, and Straight Talk. This company should no better. Praying they remove this new feature they have implemented sometime last year. It is wrong, and unlawful, especially when currently many are having to sacrifice a phone bill to make sure they have their main needs taken care of due to rising costs due to covid-19.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

5 m ago

Hello, @Majastik. If you get a Device from DISH Wireless or a DISH Wireless authorized retailer without paying full price (MSRP) for the Device, you agree (1) within 60 days to activate and use this Device on the DISH Wireless network and (2) not to resell, trade in, or export, or participate or profit in the resale, trade in, or export of the Device to a third party until you have activated and used the Device on the DISH Wireless network and met all your other financial and contractual obligations to us. If you do this without meeting your obligations, we reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary. Visit our website for more information about out Terms and Conditions. Here is the link: https://boost.co/3411jXr.

1 Message

@RossyC

I am having the same problem as @Majastik however i just opened this phone after purchasing it TODAY. It has been no where near the 60 days as stated above.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6 am - 10 pm CST Monday–Friday, and from 6 am - 9 pm CST on weekends.

By purchasing a Boost Mobile phone, you agree to the terms and conditions of the company. In order to use the device, you're required to activate it within 60 days. This doesn't mean that you can use the device without activation alerts for 60 days.

Visit our website for more information about out Terms and Conditions. Here is the link: https://boost.co/3411jXr.

- Reinhardt_S

3 Messages

@RossyC The only thing about that;If a device is purchased via an authorized retailed it can also be subsidized Via carrier or local sales which would if and when applied be for legal purposes in this situation be equivalent of MSRP,hence this addendum seems particularly flawed and arbitrary

4 Messages

So in other words, your company is hell bent on shooting themselves in the foot.  I use to love Boost, but if this is the way you want it, fine.  I'll NEVER buy another device or service from Boost, and tell everyone I know to do the same.  Seriously, how the hell does Dish think this is a good idea?!  Should have known....  it's DISH!  All their other services are garbage too....

4 Messages

SERIOUSLY...  Whoever thought this would go over well with your customer base should be fired.  They've lost their minds!  That's alright.  I'll fix the phone myself.

3 Messages

5 m ago

I bought it from Walmart. I've had it since at least March. I reset it just recently and am now being told I have to activate service. I don't want to do this right now

3 Messages

5 m ago

Yes I have the same problems with my daughters phone. I had to format her phone because of a mess she had not I get to use the phone the 24hrs and then it stops and tells me I have to activate service. Please help me fix it ASAP

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

5 m ago

@Majastik By purchasing a Boost Mobile phone, you agree to the terms and conditions of the company. In order to use the device, you're required to activate it within 60 days. For more information, access the link above.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

5 m ago

Unfortunately, that is not something we handle manually. Sorry for any inconvenience.

3 Messages

5 m ago

My son has the same phone and he's not required to get service. He uses home WiFi.

3 Messages

3 m ago

So if I have an active Boost device do I just need to pay for a months service to be able to use the wifi I'm already paying for as well or are you going to expect payment every month for something I've just bought outright? Also;you can pass along my feedback that this part of the T&C's is unquestionably BS.

1 Message

Terms and services can sneak whatever you want in Boost Mobile got dirty with this one. I updated my phone and was told in need to update play which is wrong. My wife has same phone and plan. So gave this to my daughter nope needs services. In short "I" dont own this phone it should have been free or at least clearer.

2 Messages

2 m ago

Boycott Boost Mobile! Trash company forcing struggling Americans to buy phone plans and restricting wifi access for phones that are our property! Buyers beware! Don't buy Boost!

4 Messages

Boost use to be awesome for the money!  Had them for a long time.  Apparently this is a Dish thing from the sounds of it, which, like I said, doesn't surprise me at all.  I don't know anyone, including myself, that has had a good experience with Dish.  Customer service or products.  Shame such a good company ended up being bought out by trash.

1 Message

1 m ago

I stole a a10e from Walmart and had to same thing happen I factory reset it and had to forced stop cdm app and simtoolkit apps and anything related to carrier, boost, simm etc etc. So far so good . If you do get a message just minimize it and look at what app opened it in notications. Then force stop that app. 

3 Messages

Thank you for confessing to this crime. We will use this information to locate and turn you in to your proper local authorities. Please wait there until we are able to come and pick you up