freshbaked's profile

Fri, Aug 14, 2020 6:00 AM

Can't make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for over a week now

I'm in eastern PA. and unable to make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for about 10 days now.  While I have a cell signal my phone settings says I am "disconnected" under the "Mobile network state."  (Found under About phone/Status/Sim card status) and there is no "3G" or "LTE" label by the signal status bar.  I've called Boost two times about this.  They had me do a ##72786# network reset (on the phone's dial pad.)  This reset did/does work, but does not work every time and when it does work my network state will go to "disconnected" again soon after the reset.  I'm now doing this ##72786# reset about 8 or 9 times day just to be able to make call out or send a text.   I've noticed my cellular connection is stable and stays connected longer if my phone's WiFi is turned off.  Perhaps this issue has something to do with the WiFi calling feature, that Boost does not support but it's parent Sprint network does?  Perhaps my APN settings are wrong?   From reading other threads here it appears that the problem may have something to do with the latest Samsung update., as many others have reported similar problems on their S8's after installing the update it in the past week or two.   I am running SW version G950USQU7DTG2. 

7 Messages

1 y ago

also boost mobile. That's what I have now since the killed virgin mobile and I'm still having the same problem!

7 Messages

1 y ago

That's crap! I've been having this same issue since late June early July and nothing is being done! I've tried the support line a minimum of 10 times and still after having to factory reset the phone at least 3 times a day it's still happening! Seriously thinking about unlocking mine and my sons phones and switching companies! I pay 2 whole bills on time or usually early and get almost no service! I'm really tired of paying for 2 over $800 paperweights!!

7 Messages

1 y ago

I have samsung galaxy S10e and am having the same problem! Driving me to look at other companies. I may just unlock my phone and my sons s9 and switch companies!

7 Messages

1 y ago

I have a Samsung galaxy S10e and I have to reset mine several times a day as well. Doesn't seem to matter if my wifi is on or off. Been having this problem since they switched me from virgin mobile over to boost mobile. They said they were doing upgrades to the towers and it would be fixed when they were done. But it's been done for weeks now and I'm still having the same issues with having no network connection so I can't make or receive calls or texts. I have a child on the spectrum and he needs to be able to reach me at all times! Seriously thinking I should unlock both phones and switch companies. Shame since I have had the same company for about 5 or 6 years now. Was totally reliable until the switch over.

12 Messages

1 y ago

I switched to Metro -_-

We just said forget it. Better experience all around.

7 Messages

1 y ago

Looking into them and Comcast as well as Verizon. Definitely willing to pay more for service that actually works!

22 Messages

1 y ago

FWIW I have switched to Cricket Wireless with the same phone and am very pleased so far. Cricket is actually slightly cheaper with a dual line discount than Boost but I do not get the free 10 GB of hotspot. So it's a trade-off. But I can send MMS messages with Wi-Fi on again!

7 Messages

1 y ago

Thank you for that. I'll have to look into it as I don't use hot spots anyway! 😊