freshbaked's profile

Fri, Aug 14, 2020 6:00 AM

Can't make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for over a week now

I'm in eastern PA. and unable to make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for about 10 days now.  While I have a cell signal my phone settings says I am "disconnected" under the "Mobile network state."  (Found under About phone/Status/Sim card status) and there is no "3G" or "LTE" label by the signal status bar.  I've called Boost two times about this.  They had me do a ##72786# network reset (on the phone's dial pad.)  This reset did/does work, but does not work every time and when it does work my network state will go to "disconnected" again soon after the reset.  I'm now doing this ##72786# reset about 8 or 9 times day just to be able to make call out or send a text.   I've noticed my cellular connection is stable and stays connected longer if my phone's WiFi is turned off.  Perhaps this issue has something to do with the WiFi calling feature, that Boost does not support but it's parent Sprint network does?  Perhaps my APN settings are wrong?   From reading other threads here it appears that the problem may have something to do with the latest Samsung update., as many others have reported similar problems on their S8's after installing the update it in the past week or two.   I am running SW version G950USQU7DTG2. 

40 Messages

1 y ago

see if it will send mms with your wifi off! for some reason it's not defaulting to data for mms we have 2 i phone's also with boost no issues! wifi and data on 

1 Message

1 y ago

Like others here, I had a recent update and my phone suddenly stopped being able to call out or send texts for several days now.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi! We're terribly sorry about that situation. We want to help. Please send us a private message, so we can assist you further. To send a private message, click on a username, and then click "send this user a private message". Thank you. ~AmyM25

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi. We're sorry for the inconveniences. We want to help. Is your phone on 3G? 

62 Messages

1 y ago

apparently not much. Still ongoing. I am still unable to send or receive MMS and connection often drops displaying "connection error". And no, i do not need to send my number and PIN to CS, I already did it 2 or 3 times. NOTHING has been fixed since Aug 8. 

62 Messages

1 y ago

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S8, LTE

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Please send us a private message, so we can assist you further. Thank you. ~AmyM25

40 Messages

1 y ago

I have 3 phones 2 i - phone's and samsung S-8 the issue is with the samsung got it unlocked, backed it up did not do a full reset, because I seen it doesn't cure the issue! might just change carriers

13 Messages

1 y ago

Throw my name in the hat as well, 2 GS8's in the house, both randomly lose service and the ## code needs to be used, this is terrible! I just added a 3rd line to Boost for our son and this is now crippled us. 

4 Messages

1 y ago

I have sent 2 private messages and no response.  Please let us know if anyone has success from a private message response.

I have noticed if I keep my WiFi off, I can go longer intervals between needing to do the reset code in the phone keypad.  Not a solution!

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Sorry to hear about this, Tina4net. Can you send us a private message with your address?

62 Messages

1 y ago

What can they respond? they have no solution. SO no response. 

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi! We're terribly sorry to know you are having that experience. We'd like to verify that for you. Please send us a private message, so we can assist you further. To send a private message, click on a username, and then click "send this user a private message". Thank you. ~AmyM25

10 Messages

1 y ago

I am having the same issue.  I have done the ##72786# reset but it only works for a few hours at the most.  My phone is very important as I am looking for employment and phone interviews are a must.  Please help.  Please get this fix.

7 Messages

1 y ago

same! And I have the galaxy S10e! This is unacceptable! Phone works less than half the time but still they demand the whole bill be paid! Half service should be worth half the bill!