freshbaked's profile

Fri, Aug 14, 2020 6:00 AM

Can't make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for over a week now

I'm in eastern PA. and unable to make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for about 10 days now.  While I have a cell signal my phone settings says I am "disconnected" under the "Mobile network state."  (Found under About phone/Status/Sim card status) and there is no "3G" or "LTE" label by the signal status bar.  I've called Boost two times about this.  They had me do a ##72786# network reset (on the phone's dial pad.)  This reset did/does work, but does not work every time and when it does work my network state will go to "disconnected" again soon after the reset.  I'm now doing this ##72786# reset about 8 or 9 times day just to be able to make call out or send a text.   I've noticed my cellular connection is stable and stays connected longer if my phone's WiFi is turned off.  Perhaps this issue has something to do with the WiFi calling feature, that Boost does not support but it's parent Sprint network does?  Perhaps my APN settings are wrong?   From reading other threads here it appears that the problem may have something to do with the latest Samsung update., as many others have reported similar problems on their S8's after installing the update it in the past week or two.   I am running SW version G950USQU7DTG2. 

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, @freshbaked. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

62 Messages

1 y ago

EXACT same issue. 3 chats with boost support, 2 calls to Samsung, 2 calls with boost support. Samsyng says it is Google's update causing it. Boost says it is Samsung. Samsung suggests going to repair shop to roll back the update. MMS not going through. People cannot call me. Boost says S8, s8plus and S9 are affected. Between 3 large companies they need to sort this mess out. I m not in position to drive to a repair shop that may or may not solve the problem.

3.7K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, u0999! Please send me a private message with your phone number.

62 Messages

1 y ago

I have called and messages with boost TS, Samsung TS several times. i am still in the same situation. MMS are not going through. Last TS rep told me it was due to the Android update affecting S8, S8+ and 9. This is not good. People cannot get through to me half of the time. 

3.7K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, tim3! Please send me a private message with your phone number.

6 Messages

1 y ago

I have been having the 100% same issue. Here I am on hold right this second with boost yet again. So this shows that it is a issue with them. The phone loses signal at some point for whatever reason and never fully reconnects. I felt like I was the only one in the world from what boost has told me. But now here we are representing the few that dont know how to use the forums having the EXACT SAME issue. OK BOOST I THINK IT IS TIME TO RESPOND WITH SOMETHING!!!

62 Messages

1 y ago

You are not alone and Samsung rep indicated that they were getting calls about this too and they are aware (sprint and T mobile too). Personally my phone is out of warranty so they were not too eager to do something but some warranted phones are affected,. s they need to do something and not just say that it's out of warranty, sorry. he blamed it on Android update that I got Aug 7th. Between 3 large companies they need to figure this out. 

62 Messages

1 y ago

I did. Thanks

3.7K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there, lisabee2008! Please send me a private message with your phone number.

3.7K Messages

1 y ago

Thanks, u0999! We have placed your phone number on the list of customers with this same issue. This is  a known issue and out network team is working to get this resolved as soon as possible. Your patience in the mean time is greatly appreciated.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

Hello, @raren2go! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

1 Message

1 y ago

I, too, am having the same issue as of today. I have restarted my phone several times, as well as completely shut it off and left it off for several minutes before turning back on. No basic troubleshooting steps are working and it is imperative that my phone works. Happens while connected to 3g and LTE.

4 Messages

1 y ago

Hello.

Exact same thing happened to me. I apparently was down for over four days, didn't realize my cell service including text messages was not working. I was using data sevices without problem, not realizing I was only connecting through various wifi connections. I took my phone to a Boost Mobile store in Massachusetts last week, sales rep re-booted my phone, and I didn't lose any of my personal settings. I asked the rep what actually happened. His response; "No idea". Walked out of the store and 80+ text messages flowed into my phone.

62 Messages

1 y ago

Ongoing. MMS not downloading when wifi is connected, says "network error".

3.7K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, u0999! Picture messages can only be sent and received via mobile data and not through WiFi. We are sorry.