freshbaked's profile

Fri, Aug 14, 2020 6:00 AM

Can't make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for over a week now

I'm in eastern PA. and unable to make a call or send a text on my Galaxy S8 for about 10 days now.  While I have a cell signal my phone settings says I am "disconnected" under the "Mobile network state."  (Found under About phone/Status/Sim card status) and there is no "3G" or "LTE" label by the signal status bar.  I've called Boost two times about this.  They had me do a ##72786# network reset (on the phone's dial pad.)  This reset did/does work, but does not work every time and when it does work my network state will go to "disconnected" again soon after the reset.  I'm now doing this ##72786# reset about 8 or 9 times day just to be able to make call out or send a text.   I've noticed my cellular connection is stable and stays connected longer if my phone's WiFi is turned off.  Perhaps this issue has something to do with the WiFi calling feature, that Boost does not support but it's parent Sprint network does?  Perhaps my APN settings are wrong?   From reading other threads here it appears that the problem may have something to do with the latest Samsung update., as many others have reported similar problems on their S8's after installing the update it in the past week or two.   I am running SW version G950USQU7DTG2. 

8 Messages

1 y ago

same issue after updating PRL, Profile, software

# # 72786 # worked

Dial that and let it reset. It'll give you some scary message but then everything came right back

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, @u0999. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

62 Messages

1 y ago

sorry, I do not believe that this is a correct answer. What I mean is now I have to explicitly turn wifi off just to receive and download the MMS messagesor send them . Until this crazy update MMS messages were downloading whether my wifi is on or off as long as I had cell cignal. So now to view every MMS I have to turn  wifi OFF, download, then turn wifi on again. before they used to download automatically whether I am on wifi or not as long as I have cell signal too. Now it seems either-or. 

62 Messages

1 y ago

Don't be too Overjoyed, mine comes back but then to three hours later I have to reset it again.

7 Messages

1 y ago

Same problem for my S8, except that I AM USUALLY to make and receive calls after I did a factory reset. Before that, no calls or texts.

I have been relying on ##72786# in order to send a text. The phone will send SMS, but not MMS even after ##72786# reset.

At my home, i used to have FULL LTE service. Now just three bars, and no 3G unless I reset my connection.

Very frustrating! I have only had my phone for a few months.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear that, @cdf1078. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

40 Messages

1 y ago

what are they doing to fix this issue

40 Messages

1 y ago

my girls phone is the same way have to shut the wifi off to send mms ridiculous!been on the phone for days no solutions

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hello desi1968. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

4 Messages

1 y ago

I am having the same exact problem.  I am so glad to have found this thread.  2 calls and 2 chat sessions with boost and they didn't even recommend the ##72786# recommendation.

That has fixed the problem temporarily... but I have had to do it more that once.

I am looking for a permanent solution.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hello Tina4net. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

40 Messages

1 y ago

good luck! it's been 3 wks for me! have to shut off wifi to send mms and after we leave the home area,can't make call either unless we do that nonsense ##72786# spoke with everyone! boost- samsung-broadband! my 2 i phone's work fine, also with boost

4 Messages

1 y ago

thanks - I was having that problem for the last month... but just with texting..... today was phones and texts regardless of wifi.

my husband and daughter also on our boost family plan - one has a Samsung A10e and the other a J3 - either of them are having problems.

Will post if I find a more permanent solution.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, @Tina4net. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.