Handsonic's profile

Mon, May 28, 2018 6:00 AM

Boost Mobile installing unwanted apps?

So, automatically "mobile installer" always installs 10 apps, (App Spotlight, Prime Photos, AirG, Audible, Amazon Kindle, Boost 411. Boost Deals, Amazon Music, Tidal, 1weather) I do not want those apps on my device, any way to stop them from installing? Thank you 

Responses

Boost Care

• 

944 Messages

3 y ago

Hey there! These apps are part of the Boost ID package and are installed automatically. Unfortunately, they cannot be uninstalled. 

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

3 y ago

Sorry to hear that you feel this way @Wandat46. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

35 Messages

3 y ago

One thing people don't need is Boost using up our storage space with crap we don't need. You don't really give a dam about your customers.

35 Messages

3 y ago

Special Care😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

7 Messages

3 y ago

You can rewrite Boost ID to omit these apps. MY PHONE. MY APPS. PERIOD. I do not want Uber or Candy Crush auto-installed. I disabled the Carrier Services app from within Android Apps. That seems to stop Mobile Installer.

7 Messages

3 y ago

You do understand phones have limited storage resources, and the APPS I NEED take precedence over the apps I DON'T WANT. Candy Crush Saga? Uber? PLEASE, give me back my storage space. Rewrite Boost ID so we can opt out of this garbage.

Send a note to your engineers directing them to make Boost Mobile ID an OPT-IN feature.

These apps are garbage, and should not be forced onto our phones so we can use precious storage space FOR OUR OWN APPS. Period.

U.n.a.c.c.e.p.t.a.b.l.e. I have been a Boost Mobile customer for many, many years. This is the line that may make me leave.

71 Messages

3 y ago

How do I disable the Carrier Services app from within the android apps? I too am limited on storage space with my week old Galaxy J7 Refine!

Boost Care

• 

3.4K Messages

3 y ago

Hi, NascarHhotttee. Go to settings > apps. There you'll see the option to disable the app (if it is possible). You can also move applications to the memory card. 

71 Messages

3 y ago

Okay, I will look and try it. I am still learning how to work this phone. Just downloaded the manual also. Thank you!

2 Messages

3 y ago

If I go into the apps and disable certain ones, will this affect my phones performance?

2 Messages

3 y ago

If I do this disabling of these unwanted apps, will it effect my phone in any way?

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

3 y ago

Hi there, Tabi1975! If you don't use the apps that you disable, you shouldn't notice any change other than the app themselves not showing up. 

2 Messages

2 y ago

My phone has an error and was unable to make or receive calls/texts. Boost helpdesk told me they were unable to connect to my phone due to a sim card error so I took the sim card out and threw it away and refrain from using cellular service on this device. It still automatically update over wifi installing the boost launcher app. The google play store is set to not auto update apps and the google play store itself is disabled. I tried to block it from accessing my wifi. I think a phone that Boost is unable to connect to and that cannot receive cellular data should even have the capability of auto adding boost launcher. Is my only solution to root this phone, because there is a boost mobile branch near me that will root phones for cash... they told me this is my only option..is that true. keep in mind this phone does not have a data plan and is used via wifi and as an mp3 device. I dont want any system to connect to this device and add anything..

3 Messages

1 y ago

Installed automatically? I don't think so! Unacceptable! Do you know what unacceptable means? Unable to be accepted! So in other words "NO!"
Thank you, have a nice day.

3 Messages

1 y ago

Amen! I completely understand and I completely 100% agree.
...and let me just add when the customer representative says "I'm sorry to hear that." Or "I'm sorry you feel that way, is there anything else I can help you with?" That's their way of saying; We're done discussing this, or we're ending this discussion on OUR TERMS; not the customer's.. SMH. give me a f'n break, that's bs.

1 Message

Im getting sick of uninstalling the same app repeatedly boost for some reason thinks i want this garbage taking up space on my phone... I pay boost to provide a service that i use as i see fit I dont pay boost to keep fucking with MY PHONE! STOP IT! All of your customers HATE this kind of bullshit SO JUST FUCKING STOP IT YOU MORONS!!! Here it is in simple terms good customer service is giving your customers what they want. No one wants to be forced to do something one way or another they want options to do things either way so forcing us to go thru steps to disable something that shouldn't be happening in the first place is going to irritate anyone and everyone, we already have the option to download apps that we want to so stop automatically doing anything (except taking my 50$ every month, that was an option i was given and chose to accept because it adds value to the service I pay for.) Having to repeatedly uninstall the same bullshit use less app over and over does not add value it makes people irate and pissed off to the point they will gladly go pay someone else probably less per month for a service that doesn't continue to automatically install apps i never once have used and never will use and don't want taking up space on my phone or taking my time or taking my attention I never agreed to giving you my time or attention I agreed to pay you money and now your stealing my time and attention dealing with shit i dont want. And since time + attention + action  is quite literally money you're in effect stealing right out of my wallet and that pisses anyone it happens to t.f.o. So please boost stop stealing from me or I will go elsewhere. The self app has done wonders for my credit so I can very easily now get whatever phone I want from any carrier I choose... Actually that does it, if i have to delete one more thing you download on my account your losing me as a customer and ive been with boost since you started...