L

Tue, Nov 23, 2021 2:21 AM

Support is a Joke/Non-Existent

Sweet lord...  Came over to Boost from Virgin Mobile. No issues until Boost sent me a new SIM card for their expanded network.  Ever since I am relegated to 3G at my house, which has several towers in a good proximity, and every time I leave my house, my service drops for at least 15 minutes. Returning home, no issues in those same errors; the connectivity is solid.

Today it dropped for 8 hours.  They don't care. Every time I let them know the issue is there, they run through the same script; are you on wifi? reboot your phone? APN settings?  Reset network settings?  etc.  My issue was, as I was told, pushed to the SMEs and then their advanced team.  Those were a month ago.  I received no updates.  Connecting back with support and they say the SMEs have reviewed and the issue is resolved.. oh really? Then why does the issue persist?

As a standard, the network mode is set to automatic, which shows Boost in the banner bar.  This is when I have problems with speeds and connectivity drops.  Setting my network mode to LTE/CMDA reboots my device and sets me to the sprint network... browsing the net, texts, things are great.  Only issue; can't make or receive phone calls.

No matter what you tell them, they do the same thing over and over, keeping you on the phone for at least 15-30 minute before getting through the first level, and their chat... they give me 10 seconds to respond, then end the chat.. It has happened to me 5 of the 8 times I have contacted them over the past 3 months... 

That's right.. 3 months. I have had this issue for three months and they have been unable to resolve it.  I asked to unlock my phone at one point, as it is paid for, and it may provide me the option to device my carrier when set to LTE/CDMA (currently forces me to sprint), but they wouldn't do it. "You need network support, I promise they can fix this!" Guess what, they had their chance and now I am leaving the service.

Support is a sham.  My guess is that if you purchase a phone from them, that is already locked to their network, things will work fine.  But if you switch to them (at least from a different pre-paid), be prepared for issues.

No Responses!