T

Tue, Jun 8, 2021 5:39 AM

I messed up.

I just recently upgraded to an iPhone XR from a iPhone 7 Plus. Just today I shattered my iPhone XR and the screen is unreadable. My replacement is on the way but I won’t be here until Friday. I tried to swap over my service just by inserting the SIM card from the XR but it says firmware update needed any solutions? I need to be able to send and receive text messages until Friday .

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

8 d ago

Hello, tatkins01! Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear that. SIM cards cannot be shared between two devices. Each SIM is assigned to a device and paired. Customers cannot simply take a SIM out of one device and immediately use it on another device. This is known as "pop and swap". Boost Mobile specifically activates and verifies the paired device when it connects to the network. You must use the SIM card that came with the phone you're trying switch to.

Hope this helps.
- JohnJ7

11 Messages

I tried to swap using the original SIM card but it will not allow me to do so. It still says I need to do a firmware update.

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

Please connect the phone to Wi-Fi, go to device Settings, check for System Updates or Software Updates. Then try again.

- JohnJ7