B

Tue, Sep 14, 2021 12:33 AM

Expanded network reception is awful

I made the awful mistake of taking boost up on their offer of the new expanded network sim card. Sadly, the new network is terrible , the reception is 95% worse, than the old sprint network, & they refuse to let me go back to my old sim....ive requested an unlock, so i can enable wifi calling, but they refuse to do it....I ordered a cellular signal booster antenna, for hundreds of dollars, but boosts new network is weird & the antenna doesnt see it. Id suggest avoiding these new sim card offers to anyone considering, once you switch, youre stuck. Id also like to see if others are noticing terrible signal, i am now forced to make all calls & texts in my yard, or while im out running errands. im assuming some mindless moderator will delete or not allow this to be posted, but in case that doesnt happen, maybe ill find an answer. 

Responses

10 Messages

11 d ago

Wish I would have read this before I switched. You're right, the reception is absolutely awful. I used to get good service, while now I can barley use my phone. 

I sadly have no access to a different service provider, so I'm stuck with boost. Otherwise I would be switching providers. 

5 Messages

11 d ago

It is terrible! Read my post that I just put up as well when I called to try and remedy! They then lost my number and the reception is still terrible! Boost has got to go! Terrible customer service and terrible service are a recipe for switching! 

5 Messages

11 d ago

I spoke with someone at a Boost store and was told that the Sprint network was going to be gone on 4G by end of the year so it wouldn't matter. The new 5G network is with partnership of T-mobile. So whatever you do don't switch to T-mobile either!

5 Messages

10 d ago

My post on the topic regarding network issue and then eventually having my phone number completely deleted. Still struggling to get ANY help from tech support a day later.

https://community.boostmobile.com/conversations/problem-solvers/nightmare-unfolding-number-deleted-and-blamed-me-for-it/61401b6a7fa42f0bc9adca26

3 Messages

10 d ago

ive tried every trouble shooting step with Boost employees, ive done network resets, requested new sim cards, i even reset my phone, ive given them 12+ hours of my time, while paying for my phone plan, to trouble shoot. Ive been a boost customer, with 5 lines for many years, even years before their virgin mobile buyout. The LEAST they could do is fix the problem & give paying customers refunds, or allow them to revert to the old network. Saying the old Sprint network is not optimal, or whatever is a lie, i have 4 lines , currently on it, & they all have amazing reception, with LTE. What good is 5G if i cant even get reception? im not trash talking Boost here either, im angry that i pay for a service, & they ignore me. The offer placating useless 'its my fault' advice, but nothing that will fix the ACTUAL problem. i MASSIVELY regret switching, i feel duped, & now im shopping new cellular providers. The biggest saving grace for Boost , is that 5 lines costs me $150/month with unlimited everything (35Gb data + hotspot) , but again, what good is cheaper when i cant use ANY of it? I agreed to give them another week, which ive done, but in the meantime, ive requested an unlock, which has been done, so im ready to switch carriers. If they dont fix this, theyre going to lose customers, maybe they want to drop us, im not sure, but its starting to feel that way.