Toedoe007's profile

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 7:00 AM

Unlimited means no throttling

I live way out in the country, in the deep sticks of Texas hill country. I paid for unlimited when I signed up 2 years ago and all of a sudden I'm being told I used all my high speed data and will be throttled to 2g. I'm sorry I paid for unlimited 4g LTE not limited 4g LTE and unlimited 2g. No where did it say this when I started my plan. Now you want to throttle me saying I love in a congested area and that is why. There are maybe 15,000 people in my giant county way out in the sticks. And not one boost store in the entire county so please explain how I live in a congested area, giving you the right to throttle me on a unlimited 4g LTE plan.

Responses

8 Messages

9 m ago

Annie1424
yesterday
Hi there. We understand your concern, but unfortunately, that is not possible. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

So what you mean, is suck it up, we aren't going to help you. Appreciate it.

3 Messages

9 m ago

This is not for you to fix management needs to. This is for you to pass on to them . Offer a $80 plan that only priorities the network no 2g throttle I would pay it or bring up from 2g speed to at least a 3g speed 1.5 MB

3 Messages

9 m ago

PS Verizon has a 15gb lte limit plan but you only get throttle to 600kbps on 4glte if you have 5g phone and are In 5g service you don't get throttled you can have as much as you want for $80

4 Messages

9 m ago

I've got the most expensive plan with boost. I've had it for 3 and a half years. Never once was I throttled if I used too much data. At worst I just experienced slower speeds during peak times of the day. But now you're FORCING people who are paying premium to suffer 2G speeds when it was NEVER stated that would happen when I purchased my plan. WTF happened to you guys? You used to be good. Thanks for your business. I'm going to Sprint.

7 Messages

9 m ago

Why are you people at Boost telling customers to private email you about a solution to thus priblem? That information belongs in your customer public domain for crying out loud !   It's not this one customer with the problem, it's every single person you've sold an unlimited plan to that's losing effective service part-way into their monthly plan cycle.

You're response is tepid, insipid, demeaning, and probably also illegal, just like your "unlimited" plan is bogus.

- William Mark Spann     -  customer since 2014

3 Messages

YES.. IM SO GLAD SOMEONE FINALLY POINTED THIS OUT..  A BUNCH OF BS..

5 Messages

9 m ago

I'm in a similar situation as you- rural area with no high speed internet options other than phone data and hotspots. I'm seeing other people post their responses in the replies from the private messages that Boost customer service has sent them, so here's mine from what they sent me today:

"We understand your frustration. Notifications were sent via text messaging. At the moment the only options once throttled are data packs and restarting the billing cycle, which would incur the cost of the monthly plan you're on, and will change the due date to the date it is restarted. When restarting the plan, the remaining days of service are lost, as they are non-refundable."

I know the employees writing this are giving us the company line but I'm hoping they're able to report this upper management. This is ridiculous.

2 Messages

3 m ago

I think as a collective,...

Anyone whose had been with boost before the cap should band together hire a lawyer and file a class action law suit.

Also isn't it funny that once you upgrade your phone that mobile hotspot drains more mobile data and mobile hotspot barely even work anymore.

Don't bother calling them...

They were trained to blow you off and blame you for the issues you experience 😉

2 Messages

3 m ago

P.S...

They will also add a "temporary feat." claim that the issue was fix and then when you least expect it, you'll have a recurring feat. and a bill that jumps between 15-20 dollars extra a month.

2 Messages

3 m ago

We are having a similar issue. We signed up for a plan with Unlimited data about 2 years ago, and all of sudden my son's phone says he has no data left.  How can you run out of "Unlimited" data. They better fix this or I think Boost owes me some money back!