Toedoe007's profile

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 7:00 AM

Unlimited means no throttling

I live way out in the country, in the deep sticks of Texas hill country. I paid for unlimited when I signed up 2 years ago and all of a sudden I'm being told I used all my high speed data and will be throttled to 2g. I'm sorry I paid for unlimited 4g LTE not limited 4g LTE and unlimited 2g. No where did it say this when I started my plan. Now you want to throttle me saying I love in a congested area and that is why. There are maybe 15,000 people in my giant county way out in the sticks. And not one boost store in the entire county so please explain how I live in a congested area, giving you the right to throttle me on a unlimited 4g LTE plan.

Responses

Accepted Solution

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi. We are sorry for the situation you are experiencing. Please send us a private message, so we can assist you further. Thanks. ~AmyM25

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

To send a private message, please click on a username, and click "send this user a private message". ~AmyM25

6 Messages

1 y ago

How do I do that it tells me that isn't available.

6 Messages

1 y ago

This wasn't resolved hit the wrong button

4 Messages

1 y ago

I have a line that I just recharged and internet didn't restart. I called in many times since I recharged. How can I get this resolved.

1.7K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there, @Rebelker! Thanks for contacting us. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please send us a private message to further discuss this situation.

1.7K Messages

1 y ago

You just need to click on my name, then look for the option that says "Send this user a private messag" @Rebelker.

4 Messages

1 y ago

Yes how do I send you a private message?

4 Messages

1 y ago

***** Check replenish date and numbers of calls made to customers service. Internet never got restarted. No resolution.

2 Messages

1 y ago

I've been a loyal Boost Mobile customer for over 15 years. I would have been a Boost Mobile customer for at least another 15 years if could have. After just one month of having my data speed throttle to 2G, I'll be looking for another provider immediately. T-Mobile or Dish Network, whoever is responsible for this, what a bummer.

2 Messages

1 y ago

2g is a huge slap in the face, I've been a loyal customer for almost 3 years (this time) and my pages take several minutes to load, if they load at all after hitting the cap. I'm getting .03mbps download. This is my only internet. I'm extremely unhappy, the most they lowered before was to 3g, which still worked at least.

2 Messages

1 y ago

Same here, dropping from 4g LTE to 2g doesn't qualify the plan as unlimited data, it takes minutes for pages to load in my browser using 2g. Huge drop in quality and service. Either they fix it fast or I'll find another carrier.

8 Messages

1 y ago

I, too, live out in the sticks. I was a Virgin Mobile customer for nearly ten years, then got switched to Boost when Virgin sold. I have not one time, in the entirety of my use of Virgin Mobile, had issues with data throttling. I have now been with Boost for almost a month, and am throttled to 2g. For those playing the home game, 2g is slower than dial-up used to be. The person I spoke to at the Boost store said the only hotspot that would work for me was almost three hundred dollars. Well, like most, I can't afford that. Especially during this Covid thing. I am paying for hotspot data, and yet I can't use it( My phone won't do it either, it's an older Virgin Mobile phone). Is there a way I can put the data that I am already paying for on the hotspot ove to my regular data for my phone? That's the only thing I can really think of to do. My buddy down the way from me has Cricket, and says he never has issues like this. If this can't be fixed one way or another, I may have to switch.

3.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, @Uofm49426. Thanks for contacting us. Please, send us a private message to better assist you. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

3 Messages

1 y ago

I didn't mind the slower speeds at peek times but 2g has got to go can we get a compromise to a 1 MB throttle or even a half a MB second I'm a truck driver I need a little more speed at those speed its still usable or I may go to Verizon