V

Thu, Jun 10, 2021 7:38 PM

Plan no longer requires to bring own device?

The $10/month plan recently was a "New BYO Cust. Only" plan but now it is "New Cust. Only."  Does that mean I can buy a subsidized phone from Boost Mobile website and sign up online for the $10/month plan as a new customer?

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

12 d ago

Hi there v8power. You would need to bring a compatible  non-5G XP compatible device (new and BYO) and active on the expanded network to be eligible for the $10 promotional plan. 
- Victor21

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Boost mobile still sells the Motorola Play, unfortunately, that specific device that is sold on the Boost mobile website, is not compatible to be activated on the expanded network. All compatible expanded network devices sold on the Boost mobile website will have the following indication on the device page before adding to cart. " This device is compatible with the Expanded Network
- Victor21

17 Messages

OK, thanks!  This link shows all expanded network compatible phones:  https://www.boostmobile.com/phones?&filters=xp-status:orange&sortBy=featured

To be clear, would this specific phone be eligible to be purchased from Boost Mobile for $99.99 and activated on the $10/month plan?

https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/moto-g-power.html

Separately, my friend got an unlocked Moto G Play 2021 and activated it at $10/month with Boost.  Should my friend worry about expanded network compatibility - or are you saying the specific Moto G Play on Boost's webpage is limited?

Thank you.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Yes, the Motorola G Power is compatible to be purchased and activated on the expanded network $10.00 plan. 
- Victor21

17 Messages

Thank you, again.

It appears the Samsung A10e would also be available for purchase for the $10/month plan, is that right (i.e. no other restrictions)?

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

All compatible expanded network devices sold on the Boost mobile website will have the following indication on the device page before adding to cart. " This device is compatible with the Expanded Network
- Victor21