DMC's profile

3 Messages

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 2:00 PM

Hotspot on phone also using mobile data up

Whenever I use the hotspot on my phone (LG Stylo 6) it's also using up my mobile data allotment. And also if I ever go over my mobile data allotment and it gets throttled to 2g speeds my hotspot speeds also get throttled to 2g and becomes basically unusable even though I'll still have a lot hotspot data left.

And I don't remember if I started having this issue when I swapped to the Stylo 6, or if it was when Dish took over.

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

5 m ago

Hello, DMC. We want to take a look at this. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further research. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

5 m ago

Thank  you. We have made some adjustment on our end. Pleas turn the phone off and back on. The account will be continued to be monitored. 

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

5 m ago

You are very welcome, We will continue to monitor. 

3 Messages

5 m ago

Alright, done. Though I probably won't be using my hotspot until my plan restarts in a week since I'm so close to my mobile data limit. But thank you for the help so far.

3 Messages

5 m ago

So after testing it out more, it looks like I'm still having this problem.

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

5 m ago

Hello. Thank you for stopping by. Please send us a private message to further assist you. -Kira_M.