overhere2000's profile

Thu, Nov 30, 2017 1:00 PM

Add a line to existing account (with newly purchased phone)

I have an existing boost mobile account.  A family member has a T-mobile phone and number.  I purchased a new Boost phone for them.  I want to transfer the T-mobile number to my family plan and activate the new phone for them.

How to do this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

3.9K Messages

4 y ago

If the account is now active but the phone does not work, you can program it by dialing ##72786# if it is an Android, or ##873283# if it is an iPhone. Keep in mind that if it is a port, it can take a few hours for the number to transfer over. You can confirm the status of the account by accessing it in this website http://boost.co/1WJ1meg.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi! Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear that! We'll do our best to help. Your message has been marked as private. Please let us have your number and PIN, along with the new phone's IMEI and SIM Card #, so we can assist you further. Thanks. 

- AmyM25

Boost Care

• 

3.9K Messages

4 y ago

Hey there, overhere2000! You would need to activate the account as a single line first, and then you can invite it to join your family plan. You can activate the phone porting the number in this website http://boost.co/2og7dAU. Once the line is active, and the number has ported, you can access your account (the main line) and send the invitation through this website http://boost.co/1WJ1meg.

8 Messages

4 y ago

I followed the steps but the new phone is not working.  What to do?

8 Messages

4 y ago

Hi,

Got it working.  Thanks for all the help.

2 Messages

4 y ago

I am in the same situation, coming from Virgin Mobile. So do I need to create/activate phone and pay for one month before I can invite the new number to be part of my family plan? How does the family plan pricing work then, do I pay for an individual first month then after that it will be the family pl.an price?

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

4 y ago

Hi there, @mucci2k! You will need to create the accounts, make the payment on the primary line (depending of the family plan chosen) and then invite the members. You can get more information of how to set up the family plan Here. Because you are coming from Virgin Mobile, we have to do a migration which is a different process and can only be performed through customer care. You can contact us through here to further assist you.

8 Messages

4 y ago

BTW, i ended up making the first month payment on the secondary so i could receive the "invite" for family plan.  Once I accepted the invite, there was a 5 dollar credit on the primary account for next month..

1 Message

4 y ago

Phone has been assigned a number but it's not in my area code like I asked for and I need it to be on my account but on $35.00 plan. It has a $10 credit already, I have a $25 boost card to add

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

4 y ago

Hey there, @Lisann. You can log into your account online with your phone number and pin and change the phone number for free.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

We can definitely help you out with that, @jbaeten10!  Because the phone number is coming from Virgin Mobile, we have to do a migration which is a different process and can only be performed through customer care. Please, send us a private message with the following information to further assist you:

1. Name and last name.
2. Full address, including zip code.
3. Virgin Mobile phone number.
4. Virgin Mobile PIN/password.
5. MEID/DEC number and UICC/SIM card number of the Boost Mobile phone that you would like to activate.
6. Price plan that you would like to have with Boost Mobile.
7. 4 Digit PIN that you would like to have with Boost Mobile

2 Messages

3 y ago

I have an existing account and my husband will be moving from Virgin Mobile to Boost with a new phone.  I needed help activating my phone, can I have help with his?

2 Messages

3 y ago

If you don't want to email them I was able to call and transfer my wife over, from VM, and add her to my family plan, it took less than 30 minutes. They prorated her from the current date to my next billing date so the next bill was together. Very painless process!