NascarHhotttee's profile

Mon, Jul 30, 2018 12:00 AM

New phone, keep old plan?

I have the growing data plan since coming to Boost Mobile in January 2017. I love my plan and don't want to lose it. If I purchase a new phone, due to old one being dropped one time too many, will I be able to keep same plan and phone number?

Responses

Accepted Solution

86 Messages

3 y ago

Yes on all counts. I had upgraded my phone many times and it was always a quick, painless venture. Just use the website to swap phones and your plan and number will be ported over in minutes.

That is assuming your new phone has the same capabilities as your old phone (4g lte, ect...)

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

Good morning, NascarHhotttee! We can certainly help you with keeping your Growing Data plan!

When ready to swap devices, please send us a private message including your phone number, the account's PIN, and the new phone's MEID.

We'll be happy to help you!

Hozuki_Robert

8 Messages

No, this is not true. You can read my case below. Disappointing and infuriating that this is what you are advertising, when it is not true.

71 Messages

3 y ago

I hope to get the Samsung J7 Refine.! I carry the zte prestige and just can't keep memory free and my screen spazzes still. So its time for a new phone. I love the growing data plan and never use it all up in a month! Thank you!

71 Messages

3 y ago

Thank you, I will do that as soon as I get the new phone. The local store just doesn't seem to care if I'm in there or not, so I thought I'd ask on here. I've been waiting on their shipments of phones for over a week now but I see I can get a much better price here and better service! Thank you for answering!

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

@NascarHhotttee, thank you for letting us know about that! We remain at your service!

Hozuki_Robert

8 Messages

1 m ago

Sorry guys, but no, it does not work like that.

I have been a customer since the Virgin days, and, when I recently updated my phone (from an iPhone SE to an iPhone SE 2020), they are telling me that the new device is not compatible with my old plan, and that I have to choose a new plan (more expensive, of course)in order to swap the phone. I have been in touch with customer service over and over again, and they insist on charging me more. What a disappointing situation. For months, they sent me emails about updating my old phone, I finally purchased a new one from them... and this is what I got.  I feel fooled and really upset.  

7 Messages

@Kini I had the same upgrade path (old SE to new SE) - the only way I was able to keep my same old plan was to get an older Sprint SIM card for the new iphone, as moving to the new boost sim card would also be moving to T-mobile based service and would require one of their current plans.  It's working for now, but I'm still on Sprint service and I'm not sure how much longer that will last with the T-Mobile merger.  

8 Messages

@dcNate , thank you very much for your comment. Actually, what you said is exactly what I am looking for. Could you tell me the steps that I should take? I would really appreciate your help.

7 Messages

@Kini were you moved over from Virgin mobile like me?  That's where my older iphone SE was from, and so I hoped I would be able to just move the sim card over into the new iPhone SE (2nd generation) I got directly from the Boost online store.  When it arrived, it had its own sim, but that is the new "Extended Network" (aka t-mobile) and requires upgrading to a current plan.  The only way I was able to keep my older grandfathered virgin mobile plan was to get a Sprint branded SIM card, and it had to be a specific model that works with the new iphone as well as I found.  You want the SIMOLW516TQ “D” card.  If you have a nearby Boost store they may be able to assist, but I ordered one online and once I had all the pieces together I was able to use the private messaging system on here with some of the helpful techs that were able to finally move my service over once I gave all the information and my intent to stay on Sprint service.  Of course, who knows how much longer the Sprint service will last, but I wanted to keep on my plan a bit longer as it's a better deal. 

8 Messages

Hi @EdmundM !

Inigo here, thanks for contacting me!

You also told me to give you my phone number, PIN, IMEI number and number of the SIM card. I have two questions:

1. Is it here where you want me to copy that info?

2. Are you referring to the IMEI & SIM card numbers of the old or new phone?

Thanks a lot!

Inigo

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello Inigo. Yes, although if possible please ask a new question (start a new thread, for convenience's sake). We'll need the information of the new phone.
- EdmundM