D

Wed, Feb 17, 2021 9:12 PM

Moving my mom over to Boost

I ordered a phone Monday for my mother and I want to add that phone as an additional line on my plan, which would (or should) create a 2-line $80/month family plan. She’s moving over from Metro by T-Mobile and it’s critical that she keeps her number. When we activate this phone, will it have to be her that activates a single plan first? If so, will she be able to do it online without needing to provide credit card info?; she doesn’t usually do any business online whatsoever. Also, if we run into any problems, will we be able to just go to a store for help?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

2 m ago

Hi there, Demond Frames. Thanks for contacting us.

The phone can easily be activated on our website.  You can even activate it on your end (include it in the family plan). You'll need the IMEI to do so. The payment has to be done in the primary line. 

- jalopez81

10 Messages

@jalopez81 My main question is if I activate the phone online, can I do it with my mother's phone number that she wants to bring over from Metro by T-Mobile? It would be way too inconvenient for her to get another number. 

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

Yes, absolutely. During the activation the system will ask you if you want to port a number in. 
- jalopez81