Joephis's profile

Tue, Dec 6, 2016 8:00 PM

How do i cancel phone insurance?

Just wondering the fastest way to cancel my phone insurance because I don't want the add-on any longer

Responses

Accepted Solution

246 Messages

4 y ago

Hello Joephis Smiley Very Happy

I know 3 different ways you can remove/cancel your phone $7 insurance/coverage. Hope one of these can be a solution to you.

1. Go to Boostmobile.com:

Log into my Account located on the top right witch will ask for your phone # and 4 digit pin. Once you log-in you will see your balance info and an option that say Change Plan or Add-Ons there your can remove the insurance or change you plan too.

2. Go into the nearest retail:

When going into a boost mobile store you can request the employee if they can remove it for you. I don't know if they would charge to just remove a feature in your account but they will log onto the boost mobile dealer portal ask for your number & pin to access the account.

3. Call Boost Mobile Rep:

You can also call 1-866-402-7366 and speak to a representative about your issue and they will remove it for you for no charge.

Hope this can help you and everyone else with the same matter Smiley Wink Any questions please feel free to ask and if i solved the problem please mark as solved. Have a bless day.

22 Messages

4 y ago

Just go to boost zone on phone go to manage plan and it will show what your paying for go to insurance and just check off fast easy way

3 Messages

4 y ago

1.When you are on the account page, you cannot check off phone insurance. It tells you go to to a device support page. It does not even provide a link to where this device and support page is. 

2. When you call the customer support number mentioned in these previous posts, you get an automated message and must jump hoops to get to an actual representative, so I hope people using these forums can be a little more detailed next time.

3 Messages

4 y ago

1.When you are on the account page, you cannot check off phone insurance. It tells you go to to a device support page. It does not even provide a link to where this device and support page is. 

2. When you call the customer support number mentioned in these previous posts, you get an automated message and must jump hoops to get to an actual representative, so I hope people using these forums can be a little more detailed next time.

3 Messages

4 y ago

Again...

1.When you are on the account page, you cannot check off phone insurance. It tells you go to to a device support page. It does not even provide a link to where this device and support page is. 

246 Messages

4 y ago

Hello everyone 

Hope everyone is doing well 🙂

If going online or calling boost mobile over the phone is not possible for some people just walk into a boost store and tell them to remove the feature for you and that's the end of that. Also know one you take the insurance out you can't add it again unless you get another new phone. Try not to make things more difficult for yourselves that's what we are here to do or for even if you have to send agents here a private message so we can better assist you. :).

Boost Care

• 

879 Messages

4 y ago

Hi. mariabello. If you, need further assistance feel free to send us a direct message and let us know what would you like us to do for you. Do you need to remove the insurance? - E.J.

2 Messages

4 y ago

As someone who also wants to cancel their insurance, because it was automatically added and charged to my account without me requesting or approving of it, would you please tell me how from your website? Because I've been searching menus for about 20 minutes in MyAccount, and there just isn't a way I can find. Not even under the Device & Support tab. And while messing around with the settings, and changing my plan to a cheaper one (Because your in-store representative told me the only way I could purchase the phone was to get the most expensive plan for the first month) I got another message saying I just signed up for the insurance again.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

4 y ago

Hey @XivaKnight!

You can remove the Insurance add-on online through "my Account". From the Home tab, click on "Change Plans or Add-Ons". Once you get to the "Service Summary", under "Your Recurring Add-ons" you'll find the Insurance add-on with an "X" next to it. You'll just need to click on the "X" to remove it.

~Nosh_CxUx

2 Messages

4 y ago

That does not work. It does not give you that option. It shows up listed there,  Instead of giving any options, it tells you to go to the Device & Support tab to cancel your insurance, which does not have that option.

Boost Care

• 

1.3K Messages

4 y ago

Understood. Please send us the details via private message along with your phone number so we can follow up on this.

8 Messages

4 y ago

Call (844)534-3099 to cancel phone insurance.

I want to save all of the customers a great deal of wasted time following the instruction from the change/add and FAQ by explaining that none of this is true.

You actually have to click the link to the site for the insurance underwriter (Zurich - eSecuritel - https://www.myphoneguardian.com/boostmobile).

Do not waste the time to login and scroll through the pages to figure out where to go because once you do, the site only displays a page to call a number that you will then have to navigate to get a representative.

It is unfortunate that I found so many responses giving false instruction and requesting the customers to send personal text for better assistance.  Boooooo to Boost - yet another way to not satisfy your customers. Just booooooo!

1 Message

3 y ago

Once you are in your account over the phone wait for the message to press 3 for change plan or add-ons, upon doing so it gives you details on your current plan & add ons then it's gonna ask you if you want to change your plan press 1 change add ons press 2, you press 2 and listen to the directions about removing the insurance . From there it's a piece of cake