Darkfrost's profile

Fri, Jun 4, 2021 8:18 PM

Which version of the lg v60 Thinq works on Boost Mobile?

I bought a preowned Verizon unlocked lg v60, I was trying to check if it could be activated on Boost Mobile, but, kept getting a message basically stating that the BYOD thing was "unsure" if it was compatible.

Even going to the LG website, I couldn't find a factory unlocked version, but, on eBay I've found multiple Verizon unlocked, T-Mobile unlocked, & AT&T unlocked versions of the device, so was wondering if ANY of those would be compatible...  & yes, I DO realize that the Verizon unlocked version that I already bought gave me that "unsure" message, but that could be due to numerous factors, not really related to the compatibility of the phone itself, such as the person who sold me the phone reporting it lost or stolen after the sent it to me, or them having stolen it themselves & only selling it to quickly get rid of evidence...

Thank you for your time...

Responses

Boost Care

• 

945 Messages

12 d ago

Really sorry to hear about this! If you didn't get the compatibility message, it means the device you're planning to bring isn't compatible with our Boost Mobile network. We truly apologize. 
- MichaelDe

5 Messages

@MichaelDe 

Thank you for your prompt response.  I tried it again, & it says, "We cannot determine if your current phone is eligible to switch to Boost."

Not sure why I remember it saying unsure before...

At any rate, would that mean that NO version of the LG V60 ThinQ is compatible with Boost, or just the Verizon unlocked version?...

Boost Care

• 

945 Messages

Unfortunately, we can't tell the device compatibility. You must enter the device's IMEI information on our Boost website in order to determine if it is compatible with our network. 
- MichaelDe

5 Messages

My apologies for not making it clear, but that's what I did, & " We cannot determine if your current phone is eligible to switch to Boost" was the message I got on the Boost website...

Boost Care

• 

945 Messages

We understand. Whenever you get that type of message on our Boost website, it means the device is not compatible with our network. We truly apologize. 
- MichaelDe