M

Wed, Nov 17, 2021 8:55 PM

Unlocked iphone on boost?

I want to buy an iPhone 13 , but Boost is sold out. If I buy the unlocked version directly from Apple, can it be activated on the Boost network? I am a current Boost customer, not switching carriers, just phones.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

2 m ago

Hello! You can use an unlocked phone bought directly from Apple.

9 Messages

2 m ago

@Ojay76  How do you go about finding the imei number before purchasing  from Apple? I’ve read other posts where people mentioned they’ve purchased directly from Apple but still couldn’t activate their phone to boost. 

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

@Kimmied24 Hi! You would be able to get the IMEI without having the phone. That being said when, you purchase a phone directly from Apple you have to call in to get it activated because the phone has to be re-SKU'd for Boost mobile, this is the issue most everyone runs into when they buy a phone from Apple.

9 Messages

By chance do you know how to find that number without physically having the new phone ? 

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

@Kimmied24 That number is unique to the phone so you can only get the number off the screen or on the box it comes in. 

9 Messages

Thanks. One last thing.. went to boost a few weeks ago and got the new SIM card. Would I still need a new bring your phone sim ? Sprint SIM card ? 

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

@Kimmied24 As long as you haven't put that card in another phone you can use it on any phone you get