M

Mon, Nov 22, 2021 6:53 PM

Preventing SIM Swap

What extra security measures are available for me to prevent a SIM swap scenario; where a thief attempts to gain control of my phone number and switch it to another device? Right now, it seems that ONLY a 4 digit code is necessary to hijack my account.

Boost Care

• 

1.3K Messages

2分前

@MrEguy Hello! The PIN is the only method for account security. Boost takes your account security very seriously if you feel someone may be able to guess your PIN would advise that you change it. 

4 Messages

@Ojay76

Boost Mobile needs to do more ASAP. Boost Mobile needs to increase account security to prevent SIM swapping. Having only a 4-digit PIN as an entry point into our accounts is unacceptable.

5 Messages

2分前

Numerically based (0-9) 4-digit PIN numbers only allow for a total of 10,000 possible combinations.  That's NOT good enough! 

Boost needs to do a lot better with customers' account security.

Boost Care

• 

1.3K Messages

@MrEguy Thanks for your honest feedback! We’re always developing based on feedback from our customers. Have a great day!

4 Messages

1分前

@MrEguy is completely correct, Boost Mobile needs to increase account security to prevent SIM swapping. Having only a 4-digit PIN as an entry point into our accounts is unacceptable. Boost Mobile needs to do more ASAP.