W

Wed, Nov 24, 2021 6:33 PM

New SIM card

Do we have to upgrade to the new SIM card? Does the "disruption in service" mean temporary or permanent if we do not upgrade?

Boost Care

• 

120 Messages

10 d ago

Hi Laurie! We appreciate you reaching out to us today. T-Mobile announced the shutdown of the Sprint Network by January 2022 which has been extended to April 2022. Anyone that is currently on the old Network has until March 31, 2022, to upgrade their SIM Card to our new Expanded Data Network SIM Card. We will notify all customers of the solution for their unique needs well ahead of the deadline. In some cases, the phone may not be compatible with the Expanded Data Network, and it may have to be upgraded as well. We can look into your account to see if your phone is compatible with our new Expanded Data Network. You can reach a live customer care agent at 1(866)-402-7366 or chat with one of our care representatives at https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html, We hope to hear from you soon.

Cindy A.

2 Messages

8 d ago

Your email says that the SIM card is free, but every time I start the cart, it is $10? What is up with that?

The code for free shipping doesn't work but the shipping is zero.

Then there is the chance that it won't work and I am stuck with a SIM card and no service?

Boost Care

• 

906 Messages

@webms Hello! Sim card orders online are for new customers. Please give us a call at 1-833-502-6678 or chat with us on boostmobile.com. We can check your phone's eligibility and ship you a free card. 

2 Messages

8 d ago

Be very careful with going to a boost store for this. I went to a boostmobile store November 20th and they said I just needed a new sim card to be on the new network. The new sim card showed "invalid sim" and the guy said I would get a call within 48 hours and it will be resolved. It's now a week later and it still says invalid sim card. I called customer support several times and went back to 2 boost mobile stores. Ive been told a variety of things including: I need another new sim card. Then I was told at the store they wouldn't give me a sim card because I actually need a new phone. Then a customer service manager told me I didn't need a new phone, I needed to call Samsung support. Samsung support told me the manager lied and that boostmobile would need to give me a new phone and fix the issue. And here I am still on hold with boost mobile for the 16th time just today

2 Messages

@Dorsettcjc94 I had the exact same issue where I went to multiple boost stores and called customer service several times, trying to get my new sim card activated and they can't do it. They say they get an error message, my phone isn't being recognized by the network, and I'll have to buy a new phone. This is crazy

2 Messages

It really is getting ridiculous. I'm going tomorrow to another boostmobile store to try and get another sim card. Customer service has been giving me the run around all week having me call other departments and telling me different things each time.