Great Topic!
Applause!
Accomplice

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

Thu, Mar 1, 2018 12:00 PM

Referral credits

My son and I are not the primary lines on a family plan and we each received a $25 referral credit when he activated his phone. I am now being told we can not use the $50 in credit towards the monthly charges. That is totally unfair and I am thinking of switching carriers because of this . Please help get the credit to be used towards the monthly bill or we are taking our business and all 4 phone lines to metro  

Responses

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

That is exactly my point. Whether it is cash we added or system credit we should still be able to have the same benefits as anyone not on a family plan. Since these were referral credits they are telling me they can't be transferred. Very sad as we have 4 lines on the family plan 

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

And if you sign in to each line independently it says that there is a pending charge of $35 for the month and shows the $25 credit meaning those lines only owe $10 so why can't the balance be used the same way it would  if it were not on a family plan

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

Which is basically what happened as we would have used the primary line for the referral and we would only be arguing about $25 of the credit not the entire $50 

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

We are being punished because we have a family plan. If these were independent lines the credit would be used for billing 

Fonsy82

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

• 

740 Points

3 years ago

Hi, ssnyder815! If the Secondary account has account balance we can't transfer the funds to the Primary. Funds can't be moved to the primary, balances on prepaid accounts cannot be transferred per policy. Any money you have in your account balance can be used for services that aren't covered in your monthly plan, such as ringtone or game purchases, international calls, etc.

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

But we never would and had we known we would have switched carriers instead of attempting to get the credit 

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

We have 4 lines on the plan and will move all of them to another carrier if we can't have this fixed. Not happy at all

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

The terms and conditions weren't clear and that isn't fair. If it were not a family plan we would be able to use the credit for billing of the monthly charges. I would really like someone to move the credits from the secondary accounts to the primary on the family plan to take the $50 off the monthly charge  

Guru

• 

159 Messages

3 years ago

Two posts down it is stated that it can be transfered to primary line.

I think all users would benefit from knowing the correct policy.

Fonsy82

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

• 

740 Points

3 years ago

Hi, User129too! Balance transfers can only be done in the following scenarios: Customer made a payment to the wrong account within their Family Plan Example: Primary made a payment to the Secondary account when they intended to make the payment on their account.

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

Except in other posts, other agents have been able to do it with no problem. I am being punished for having a family plan. If these were independent lines we could use the credit for billing that isn't fair.. 

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

So does that mean I can private message you the account #'s and pins and you will move the credit to the primary line?? 

MarcosG

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

3 years ago

That is not possible, @ssnyder518. The referral account credit is non-transferable, non-assignable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit, or other merchandise.

ssnyder518

Accomplice

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

Re: Referall credit on family plan

Hi Haypixie17!

We can transfer your balance on credit to the primary account, so that it can be applied towards your bill for the new monthly cycle. Please send us the Phone Number and Security Pin for both, primary and secondary accounts. We'll be glad to assist you!

EdwinRG.

Fonsy82

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

• 

740 Points

3 years ago

This is an account credit, not a monthly payment. Any money you have in your account balance can be used for services that aren't covered in your monthly plan, such as ringtone or game purchases, international calls, etc.