StevePrime's profile

Wed, Apr 4, 2018 8:00 PM

RE-BOOST CARD ERROR/GLITCH

Last Friday (3/30/18) I purchased a $45 reboost card from Safeway. After getting home, I went about adding money to my account. The account number was not as readable as normal, and my first two attempts failed- I had entered the wrong number somewhere. And then have someone else read it, hoping they could see you the mistake that I couldn't... And the third time it was successful and I heard the familiar "You have successfully added $45 to your account... " confirmation from the automated service. I thought all was well and I went about the rest of my day.
 Several hours went by and I noticed I hadn't received the "payment confirmation" text message that my account was back in service. So I open the "My Boost" app on my phone hoping to find something in my transaction history that would show me that the payment went through as normal and that everything would be fine eventually. Instead it showed the most recent transaction being from last month payment. Period. And my account showed I still owed $39.70. Then I noticed on the app a pop-up message saying they "are experiencing technical issues. please try again later." I figured this was the cause of the delay and didn't worry about it too much. The next day I checked and nothing had changed, and the same the day after that. No money has been added to my account, and the My Boost app still show that same error message. (it STILL does) I called the Boost customer service number and the rep tried for quite a while to find my payment in the system but could not find it. He said the best way to track it would be to find the pin number of the card, and I told him I wasn't sure if I still had it but I would check. As I feared, I threw it away on Friday and the garbage  had picked up and was gone by this point. Why WOULDN'T I throw it away? The automated system and told me the payment was successful, just as it had every month for the last three years.I called customer service a second time, and the lady I talked to wasn't interested in helping me to the point of rudeness. Clearly she was irritated that she got paid to listen to my problem and offered me no advice or solution other than the fact that this is Safeway's problem and they are responsible for correcting it and it had nothing to do with Boost Mobile. So I went back to Safeway and explain my situation to their manager, who not surprisingly, I said that they couldn't do anything at the store level and I would have to call the corporate office..... so I called them and the lady I talked to  at corporate listened to the details of what had happened, did a little research, and concluded that the transaction HAD gone through correctly at the store, the card HAD been activated, and that Boost had indeed, receive payment for it. So I called Boost customer service back for the 3rd time, and they immediately transferred me to the security department. What HE wanted me to believe was actually kind of insulting to my intelligence... telling me that not only can he NOT track the pin number of the card, but the only people that CAN is Safeways "Merchants Assistance" Department! That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So here I am, pleading for a customer service miracle, and simply wanting to use my phone as I should be able to. I have the receipt, I have the activation slip, the automated service told me that the payment went through successfully, and I even have a witness who was in the room because I happened to be on speakerphone. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I sincerely hope I hear from somebody soon.
      Screenshot_20180404-171807.jpg

20180404_205126.jpg

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.3K Messages

3 y ago

Hi there, @StevePrime! We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN. 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

1 Message

3 y ago

Same thing with me

6 Messages

3 y ago

Have you had any luck fixing it? What have you tried so far?

Boost Care

• 

904 Messages

3 y ago

Hi! We'd like to do some investigating here. Would you mind sending us a private message with your phone number and security pin? Also, any information you may have about your top up card will be useful.

EdwinRG.

3 y ago

I brought a Reboost card to add to my account but when I added the money it said it took the money and my account was restored but when 12 pm come my phone was turned off and my account was 0$ and couldn't be restored. I have been a boost Mobile costumer for over 8 year and this the first time this has happened to me. I'm interested in answers quick response and fast pase! I want my money refunded and a credit due to technical support and help. I will be calling customer services first thing in the morning. I need and want my service handle.

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

Good morning, Gabbyjones1990! We sincerely apologize for that situation!

To find out what happened, please send us a private message including your Boost phone number and your 4-digit PIN.

We'll be glad to help you!

Hozuki_Robert

6 Messages

3 y ago

I purchased the reboots card at Fred Mayers for $100 cannot use the funds b cause of the glitch and can’t get any answers. Fred Mayer’s told me that everything is correct on there end and that boost in fact did receive the $100 but boost says that the card is defective. I’m $100 out and no awnsers. This glitch is happening to people but when I call boost they can’t help me. They tell me the pin is not working but Fred Mayer’s told me that boost has the funds and should be able to track it. Someone help!! I purchase this card April 23,2018 not fair that boost gets to keep my $100

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

3 y ago

Hello Bent8119,  lets try to sort this out for you. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin, card pin and if you have the receipt a screen shot of it.

6 Messages

3 y ago

I purchased the reboots card at Fred Mayers for $100 cannot use the funds b cause of the glitch and can’t get any senders. Fred Mayer’s told me that everything is correct on there end and that boost in fact did receive the $100 but boost says that the card is defective. I’m $100 out and no awnsers. This glitch is happening to people but when I call boost they can’t help me. They tell me the pin is not working but Fred Mayer’s told me that boost has the funds and should be able to track it. Someone help!! I purchase this card April 23,2018 not fair that boost gets to keep my $100

6 Messages

3 y ago

I do but I how do I upload the pictures?

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

3 y ago

Hey there @Bent8119  You should be able to see a camera icon. Click on there to send the picture.

~JoyP.