leannj68's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Nov 22, 2020 8:00 AM

Changed plan and charged twice..

I've been with Boost since 2008 and never had a problem.  My monthly payment of $40 was taken out of my account on Oct 11.  On Oct 19, I changed my plan to the $35 plan plus a $5 add on..  I already had a $10 credit in my account.  I was charged $30 more that day.  I received a text that said that $40 would be used on my bill due on November 20.  On my Dashboard, it said I had $0 due until December 20.  On November 20, Boost shut my service off.  I could not speak to an actual person, so I had to chat with an agent.  I was first told that my $40 was refunded.. and I needed to check with my bank.  I had my online bank statement pulled up and told them nothing has been refunded from them ever.  Then they told me that it was a mix up because I had moved.  I told them I have lived at this address for 7 years.  She told me I had to pay $37 to have my phone turned back on. ( I cancelled one add on and added another to equal $37).  Where is my money?  When you change a plan a week after making your monthly payment, your payment just gets thrown away?  How can I get my money refunded?  How do you speak to an actual person?   Thanks! 

Responses

EdmundM

Boost Care

• 

3.1K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

3 months ago

Hi there! Sorry to hear about this situation. Due to the prepaid nature of our services, when your due date hits and the payment is taken, you get service on that plan which was paid for the month. If you happen to change the plan in the middle of the billing cycle, before your due date, the system will automatically set that change to not take effect immediately, but on your due date. However, if you happen to change the plan effective that same day, the balance that was paid is cancelled and lost, and the amount of the selected plan must be paid at that moment, then your due date changes since you'd have initiated a new billing cycle. 

We'd like to take a closer look since we believe this may not have been the change that you intended to make. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you. You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.