krenbritt's profile

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 7:00 AM

Can’t verify identity using my Boost Mobile phone number

Why cant the automated phone system verify my boost mobile phone number for online identity purposes?

For example, the IRS doesn’t recognize my phone number to verify my identity online when I try to get get a copy of my transcript online. Also, when trying to verify my identity online for USPS I get an error message that says “We were unable to match your identity to the following number.”

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

9 m ago

Hi, krenbritt. Thanks for contacting us. We recommend contacting the IRS or the USPS to get more details as to why they will not allow you to use your phone number to verify your identity. 

3 Messages

8 m ago

It happens for almost any website, not just the post office and the irs. Anytime I try to verify my identity online using my phone number it says that they couldn’t associate the phone number with me for verification...

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

8 m ago

Those websites may not accept prepaid numbers to verify identity, but postpaid where the company has collected SS# and verified identity. We recommend contacting the IRS or the USPS to get more details as to why they will not allow you to use your phone number to verify your identity. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

3 Messages

8 m ago

Well my boyfriend, who is the primary account holder on our boost mobile plan was able to verify his identity with his Boost mobile phone number with no problem on these websites.

1 Message

1 m ago

On the ira website it says which carriers they will accept and boost is one of them. I had my name on my account but as I looked at my address it was the address for the phone store I got the phone from 😡 UNEXCEPTIONABLE‼️ I changed my address back to my own and it still won’t verify me. I need my Identity Protection Pin and this is all that’s holding me up! Makes me want to switch carriers!! 

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

Sorry we are not able to understand your inquiry quite well. Please provide more details. - Royt