T

Wed, Mar 31, 2021 12:13 AM

Can't Buy New Phone - Card Keeps Declining

Trying to buy new phone online and calling in.  I have tried several cards, all are good.  My addresses match.    Keeps getting declined.  I called in to anti-customer service and trying chat help and they both said they can not help me?  How is that customer service?   I have read several threads this is a frequent issue/glitch with Boost Mobile.  

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.7K Messages

2 m ago

Hi there, Taprimmer. Thanks for contacting us. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience with the purchase. Unfortunately, when the card is declined, you have to try with a different one. 
- jalopez81

3 Messages

Unfortunately you are apparently illiterate.  I have tried over 20 times with 5 or 6 valid cards where shipping address and billing address matches.  One of these cards is also the same card I use to make my monthly payment and it works fine there.

Boost Care

• 

2.7K Messages

You should contact your bank. 
- jalopez81

3 Messages

I have used several cards from several different banks.  One did flag a potential fraud charge and I approved charge through them.   It is NOT my bank.   It is a BOOST Mobile problem that needs addressed.   I have seen various threads about this exact same ongoing issue for 7 years.   I am already a customer, which I guess is why Boost Mobile does not care about helping me anymore.   Right now my only option is to go buy a different phone I do not really want since I can not buy the one I want online.   This does not breed loyal customers.   Unfortunately I bought a new phone for my son last week, so I don't want to invest in a new phone for him so I am stuck supporting them for one account.  I may just have to forget about family plan and find a new service for myself.  One that cares about customer service and getting and keeping customers.  If I didn't already have another phone through you, I wouldn't care and I would just move on to the next company that wants my money.    How may people does this happen to that you are losing as customers?   Like i said I have seen several threads this is a 7 year ongoing issue, at least.   It is not my bank, it is not me, it is BOOST Mobile that needs to fix this issue.