shadowblade016's profile

Sat, Jan 2, 2021 12:00 PM

Boostup slightly late payment

I just ordered a new phone through boostup yesterday.  My payment due date for the first installment is 1/30/2021. I was not expecting this due date and I am afraid it might become an issue. My problem is I get paid on the first of every month, so in this case 2/1/2021. I am also afraid this is going to be a recurring issue where I get billed at the end of a month but paid on the first of the following month. Will I be okay if I am a couple days late on my payment? Or is there a way to change my payment due date(s) to match when I get paid.?

I am mostly asking because of the contract saying that the payment defaults if not paid by the due date and that would be an issue with this due date and the time i get paid being what it is.

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

1 y ago

Perhaps I should rephrase the question to make my concern a bit clearer.

If I can't pay the required installment exactly on the due date will I I default on the contract on the spot or is there a grace period and can pay a few days late?

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

1 y ago

What happens if I don’t make my installment payment?
Each month on a customer’s due date, both the recurring monthly charge and the installment payment is due. If funds aren’t available to cover both charges, the service will be interrupted.
Please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/account-management/BoostUP.html. 

5 Messages

1 y ago

I am fully aware of how the normal service account works and if I don't pay service will be interrupted, but that is optional. I can leave it off for a few days and pay it when I am able. I am not worried about that.

I am worried about the REQUIRED installment payments for my new phone I ordered through BoostUp. That's the issue. I don't want to default on that and then owe the entire amount at once. I can't afford that at the current time.

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, shadowblade016. Your payment is due on your monthly payment date.

Your monthly payment date is the same day of the month you made your first monthly payment.

For example, if you paid your first month of service on February 15, then your monthly payment date is the 15th every month (March 15, April 15, etc.) and remains the same as long as you successfully make your monthly payment, on-time, every month.

If your monthly payment date is the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st of a month then it will always be the same day or the last day of the month.

Your monthly payment date remains the same every month as long as you successfully make your monthly payment on-time.

Before your monthly payment date arrives, make sure there’s enough money in your account balance to cover your monthly payment amount. Your monthly payment amount is the cost of your monthly plan plus any monthly services you’ve added to your plan.

If you miss a monthly payment, your service will be interrupted. You will have 60 days to make your monthly payment and have your service restored.

Your service will be restored once you successfully pay your monthly payment amount. It’s important to note that your monthly payment date will change to the day of the month before the date you restore services.

For example, if you restore services on the 15th your payment date will be on the 14th going forward.

If you go longer than 60 days without making a successful monthly payment, your account will be canceled, you'll lose any remaining balance and your Boost phone number.

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

1 y ago

If funds aren’t available to cover both charges, the service will be interrupted.  If you miss a monthly payment, your service will be interrupted. The same amount will be due.You will have 60 days to make your payment and have your service restored. If you go longer than 60 days without making a successful monthly payment, your account will be canceled. If a customer on an Installment Agreement cancels service prior to completing payments on their phone, the remaining unpaid balance on the phone will be due immediately.

1 Message

1 y ago

So in order to get the boost up option you have to pay on time for a certain amount of months and thats a loyal customer? Ive been with boost for 15 years and have the same phone number but because sometimes i dont pay on time because of other bills or the current pandemic im not a loyal customer and cant finance a new phone although this one is paid off??

1 Message

10 m ago

Hi this kayla white I have personal issue I’m dealing with and wanted to know if I can make a late payment on the 2/1/21 because I’m having trouble with my home.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

10 m ago

Hi there, Kayla. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues. You will be able to receive calls and text for another 30 days if you make a late payment.