Applause!
1st Timer
Accomplice

Accomplice

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 8:00 PM

Boost Mobile Fraudulently Took $35 Out of My Account

My husband's been with Boost for 5 years and I have been with them for 2.  Very happy with Boost.  Always bought out new phones online, never had a problem with them.  I had my account auto drafted out on the 3rd of each month and his on the 9th.  On 9/3/2020, we decided to bring a friend along and we went in on a Family Plan.  I told the agent, who btw, didn't seem to have it all together, and since I was beginning a Family Plan on the 3rd of the month to make sure my husband's account was not charged  $35 on the 9th. She's like, "Yeah, ok, no problem,." On 9/8, I get a text message from my bank that $35 was taken out by Boost.  I immediately call them, explain what happened, mistakes happen, and they assured me my bank would be refunded the money in 7-10 days.    By 9/18, no refund.  I call Boost, the agent, apologizes, promises me money will be in my bank account by Monday, 9/21. You guessed it, nope.  Still nothing.  I'm getting a little irritated but I'm still a fan of Boost.  My father-in-Law is looking for a new provider and I suggested for him to come on board with Boost.  On 9/25, I call Boost, add him, ask about the refund, told it is processing. I'm not going to go into what was said.  I was polite but firm. They asked me to give it 7-10 more days. What am I to do? I'm determined now.  Meanwhile, the friend who is on my plan with me breaks her phone.  By 10/4, I still have no refund, I call Boost, we order a new phone for my friend, I ask about the refund, the agent is very rude, she can't find the complaint, transfers me to a recording who asks for my Visa card number.  I hang up and call right back, fuming, get the nicest and personable agent on earth.  She is totally on point, gets to the bottom of everything.  Finds out my refund complaint had been canceled 9/12, supposedly due to my husband using his cell for 15 minutes over his limits (which is totally untrue because we canceled his phone 6 days early so there would be no way he could have been over and she apologetically suggested I contact my bank and put a dispute in on the charge.  I find this totally unfair that the bank has to deal with this.  It is not the bank's fault.  I did as she said and my bank was upset, to say the least.  They will do this but they will have to cancel the credit card on file at Boost. and reissue me a new debit/credit card and I will have to wait the customary 5-7 days to receive it and then if I want to have autopay again, call Boost back and put my card on file with them again, that is if I want to even stay.  I can't understand how they can treat their customers this way.  I told my bank to hold off until I talk to a supervisor which I did today.  What an ASS he was.  Totally unprofessional.  Kept stating the customary company line, "I'm sorry, you have a valid point but be there as it maybe there is nothing I can do, yada, yada, yada, etc..." I would raise another point and he would just keep repeating that line in a bored tone.  Juan was his name. Wouldn't even give me the courtesy of the beginning initial of his last name. Coward! I just lost it and said cancel my service now! My husband starts yelling in the background, "No, we have others depending on us. " (My friend has Stage IV oral cancer and needs her phone for doctors.) I'm sure ole Juan got a kick out of that. So, anywho, that's my story. Does anybody have any advice?  I even brought two people into the Boost Family and recommended a phone from their website. I will always go to the local store in the future if we stay with Boost.  I called them and they were horrified how I was treated and even tried to help me by calling Customer Support to no avail.  They advised me to never keep my credit card on file with Boost because things like this can happen so easily. The original agent is at fault here but Boost could have easily have worked with me.  I'm not unreasonable.   

Responses

JohnJ7

Boost Care

• 

2.4K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

5 months ago

Hello, Donna303. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand your frustration & are truly sorry for the inconvenience. We'd love to help. Just to confirm, have you already disputed the funds?

Donna303

Accomplice

• 

7 Messages

5 months ago

With the bank? No. The local Boost Mobile said that after talking to Customer Service it's not the Bank's fault. If I want the money back, I realize I'll have to go that route but, really, is that the point? My husband in no way went over his billing charge for the month and the local Boost Office admitted the only reason they charged my account was because I had a card on file. As you know, we pay ahead a month and he had paid from 8/9-9/9 so when we switched over on 9/3 there were 6 days left on his plan so if I wanted to get technical Boost owes me for 6 days. I know they don't do that but I'm just saying. I absolutely loved Boostmobile before this occured and it just makes me sick to my stomach that they feel they need to treat a loyal customer this way. I even got my daughter and her boyfriend on their own plan. So that's four ppl by myself in less than a month I brought to them and I wasn't even trying. Just think if I was trying? I know a lot of ppl. I'm very active in my church. I'm blabbing it's just nice to be acknowledged.
Joy1713

Boost Care

• 

3.1K Messages

• 

830 Points

5 months ago

Hey there @Donna303 Thank you for the information, and apologize for the inconvenience. We do understand this situation can be frustrating. Would you please send us a private message, so we can review the account properly?

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

~JoyP.

Donna303

Accomplice

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago