J

Fri, Apr 9, 2021 12:18 AM

Cell phone booster

I'm moving to a rural area on the edge of coverage. Any recommendations on cell phone boosters?

I tried to ask Boost on chat. Both reps denied the existance of such devices. They couldn't understand I wasn't asking them to build a tower! They absolutely refused to forward the question to tech support!

I know nothing of this tech other than some have go from no service to 4g with one. Prices vary so much, I don't think it to outrageous to ask tech support to tell me what is compatable.

I have been with Boost since nextel went and with Sprint before. In the store or on line, Boost customer service is unacceptable!

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

1 m ago

Hello, @! Unfortunately, we don't have signal boosters available.
- Francisco T.

2 Messages

I completely understand Boos doesn't sell them. There are tons of them online, I know nothing about cell phone boosters. While looking for this place, I encountered a lot of houses in our area have boosters.

Prices range from 50 bucks to 2000. They might all work the same. When I see the technical information, I'm pretty sure it's a foreign language. 

So, do you know of any reason why a cell booster wouldn't work, recommendations, technical stats, frequency range?

I'm not looking for installation or expecting boost to retail the item, support the device. I simply want to know any advice or knowledge about any particular needs of a booster for the Boost/Sprint network.

Thanks for your health.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

Unfortunately, we don't have that information available at this moment. 
- Francisco T.