I

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 8:19 AM

Boost Mobile phasing out?

I read an article saying Boost will no longer be active after Jan 1, 2022... Is this true? 

7 Messages

2 m ago

I've never heard of this but when you think about it, part of the sprint/t-mobile merger was sprint had to sell boost to dish network. Boost is now owned by dish wireless so why would dish buy boost only to shut it down so soon? The purpose of selling boost to dish was to have another company in the market. Antitrust issue

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

2 m ago

Hello! This is not true, we aren't going anywhere. A small number of our customers are on the old Sprint network which is owned by TMobile. TMobile will be shutting down that network early next year. We are working with those customers to get them moved to our new network. 

3 Messages

@Ojay76 thanks! I'm one of those customers! My phone isn't compatible with the 5g sim card upgrade and I was told I need to replace my device by the end of the year 😭

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

Don’t fret, India! We’ve got you. It takes time to reach everyone but we are in the process of contacting everyone impacted. You can keep checking back here as well to see what deals we might have.

7 Messages

"Indi" not "India" i noticed another customer service rep responding to a review in the play store calling someone "Frank" I'm not too sure she would have been happy about that since her name was "Fran"

7 Messages

@Ojay76 

Thank you for clearing that up, your explanation made sense of the whole thing and where the misunderstanding could have come from. I was trying to show how to use logic to come to the conclusion it was bs without the need to know the actual facts tho. People need to learn and start using these skills again. Then we wouldn't need warning labels on curling irons telling people not to insert into the poop chute while plugged in and what not. Cuz really tho.. if they really think they want to do it, I say let them go for it.. shhhhhh

(edited)

3 Messages

@Rich7756 as a rep, Ojay probably has access to my account, and he'd know my name is indeed India, but I get called "Indi" from time to time 😁 thanks... And I didn't have any "misunderstandings" I had a question based on a circulating article, and choose to fact check it. Moreso because I was told my phone wouldn't "be of any use since it isn't eligible for the SIM upgrade" long before I saw the article. Your replies on my thread are unnecessary and condescending to those who have a general questions. I used my logic and after doing so, still had a question that could only be answered by an actual boost employee, not the logistic legends 🙄 but thanks again. 

(edited)