2verdeiii's profile

Mon, Nov 27, 2017 8:00 AM

Why do i keep getting Error 104?

When I try to send a text to a person I regularly text to, it says "can't send with card 1 error 104"

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

No worries! We can definitely help you out with that, 2verdeiii. When did this issue first start? Does it only happen with that specific number? How is the message being sent? What type of phone do you have?

1 Message

3 y ago

Mine is similar "Can't send message with virgin mobile, error 104" just started about a week ago and only to one certain person who I text regularly

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

We're sorry to hear that! Let's get this thing figured out. Are you able to receive text messages from that person? What is the make and model of your phone?

1 Message

3 y ago

I am having the same problem. I am recieving text from my husband but I get the same error message when I try to reply. Haven't yet had this problem with other people I have texted.

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

3 y ago

Hi there, Lagwindsor! Sorry to hear about this problem. Please try deleting the contact from your phone, then add it back. Remember to use the full 10 digit phone number. Let us know if the issue persists after that.

2 Messages

2 y ago

Tailcoating on this thread - Had a contact I used to text regularly, then started getting the 104 error. They are on Ggoogle Fi, but have been for over a year.

This only started happening with 1 contact, about 2 months ago.

I tried deleting the contact, then texting the # directly, still getting the 104 error.

Have deleted contact & text history, tried 10 digit, 10 dgit +1, nothing worked.

Thank you.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

2 y ago

Hi there, @rolandblais! What's the make and model of your phone? Try removing the SMS and call history associated with the number that you are trying to text. 

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

2 y ago

That's strange. Deleting the contact from your phone is the way to fix this issue. Did you delete the contact from the Google/Gmail account? 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Hi. LG Stylo-3. And I've deleted everything - contact, sms history, etc. No luck.

6 Messages

1 m ago

I have an lg stylo5 from boost and have this problem. She can text me but i cant reply. Error 104

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

Sorry to hear that. When this started to happen? -Royt

6 Messages

3 days ago in the afternoon

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

Did you make any account or device change? - Royt

6 Messages

No. We just met and exchanged numbers. I got the very first text to her and from her but none have been able to send since. That was like tues or wed. Error 104

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6 am - 10 pm CST Monday–Friday, and from 6 am - 9 pm CST on weekends.

Please try this: Remove the contact from your contact list and the re-enter the number using the regular format, 10 digits no dashes and with a slightly different name.

- Reinhardt_S

2 Messages

1 m ago

Same error 104 problem. Suddenly, I can't text my son. Maybe the solution is to switch to a new cellphone provider. 

Is anyone at Boost paying attention?

2 Messages

I added a "1" to my son's phone and txt went through. Go figure.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello deanfor2. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Please try

• Remove the contact from your contact list and the re-enter the number using the regular format, 10 digits no dashes.
  • Remove the contact from your contact list and re-add the contact with a slightly different name.

- Reinhardt_S