RoBrK's profile

Thu, Jul 23, 2020 3:00 PM

Very slow data

Data has been EXTREMELY slow since 2am. Just bought a new phone (galaxy a21) a week ago. The sales rep also switched my service to the "expanded network" at the time of purchase and activation. I've been a boost customer for 10 years and have never had an issue till now! Also the status bar has changed from white to black, which makes no difference to me but I'm sure the 2 conditions are related. Have already been to my local boost store. They said its not an issue with the phone but with the network. Thing is my gf's phones data is perfectly fine...

Responses

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

1 y ago

"Hello RoBrK your registration is complete email address verified" did this 4 times each time returning here still no option for private messaging! I realize this not your fault personally so I will keep my frustrations to myself. However I'm still having the same issue as originally stated and need a resolution or a straight answer as to what the problem is. After 2 days I have gotten neither. Yesterday the local boost rep tells me its the network and that it would be back up probably within a couple hours. Today I go back and its a different rep with a different answer. She tells me its due to having used too much data (on and unlimited plan) not mention that it has never been an issue before and also ignoring the fact that my gf has used 3 times the data I have this month and she is streaming as I write this without a single hitch! So that answer is obviously just a "Yeah, whatever I dont want to be bothered" answer. I even offered an easy solution to the rep by just putting me back on the regular network because I didnt care, it worked just fine. Apparently thats a one way ticket and there's no going back. Edmund, help me out man!

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi RoBrK! We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing inconveniences with the service. Please send us a private message to verify additional information and assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

5 Messages

1 y ago

Clicking your name or pic just returns me to the topics list

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hello RoBrK. Please try clicking here.

5 Messages

1 y ago

There is nothing anywhere for "private message". Just spent my lunch break at the boost store again. Completely different excuse today from the one I got yesterday! At this point I'm hoping I can toke this 1 week old $300 phone to another carrier and have a phone that works as I don't have time to run around in circles trying to get a brand new phone to work!

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

In order to have the option to send a private message, you'll need to verify your community account. You can do that by clicking the link on the email sent to you when the community account was created.

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

We understand your frustration. Please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache before trying to send a private message again. 

5 Messages

1 y ago

Still no go bud. Now having done that and my data being so slow this page doesn't even load correctly. I ended up marking the problem as solved

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there Robrk. Please tap on the agent's name and the option to private message will be available. victor21

5 Messages

1 y ago

Im having your same issue man. But to private message a rep "which I've had no answer" smh.. Click on the agents name and scroll down to the bottom it took me a while to figure it out. Hope it helps and I hope we get our issue handled somehow .

9 Messages

1 y ago

You went over the new data cap that dish network has put on "unlimited" plans. That's what happened and they're all giving you a run around while hiding an illegal move by dish.

2 Messages

1 y ago

My 4g was at 1-2 MBps speeds but now its less than 50KBps on 3g and on 4g its less than 50kbps. I was promised unlimited 4g LTE and "high speed internet" and i pay over $100 for my service. They need to fix it, it took 15 seconds to load a verification email for this site and this is inexcusable and ridiculous!

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi! Thanks for letting us know. Please send us a private message, so we can assist you further. Thanks. ~AmyM25

1 Message

3 m ago

Boost mobile is one of the worst phone carriers I’ve had them for 3 years with “unlimited data” but 9 days after paying my phone bill its already saying I’ve used 85% off my UNLIMITED data ! How is it unlimited if there’s a data cap you place on it I will be switching providers as soon as possible I can’t take it anymore . 

2.3K Messages

Hi there! To ensure that all our customers have the same level of access to our network, we are reducing data speeds for customers who use more than 35GB of high-speed data in a billing cycle. You still have unlimited data however, you will just experience slower data speeds once you exceed the threshold in your monthly plan period. Connecting to the Internet by using Wi-Fi will preserve your High-Speed data for those times when you are on-the-go. This will also give you the ability to fully enjoy your streaming, games, music, etc as your speeds will match your Internet connection. We send a message when you’ve used 85% of the high-speed data allotment so there won’t be any surprises. If you do experience reduced data speeds, there are versions of Apps that are designed to use less data on a slower connection, such as Google Go or Facebook Lite. Although we don’t directly support these apps at Boost, you may be able to use some of these on your device if it’s compatible. When downloading these applications, you may want to temporarily connect to Wi-fi to ensure an efficient installation process.