dlm's profile

10 Messages

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 10:00 AM

Storm related outage?

No phone service.  Outgoing calls go to a message that says welcome to Verizon and that I'll be transferred to an external operator and that the call will be completed with a credit card, collect call, etc.  Incoming calls are greeted with a message from Verizon saying that my number is disconnected or changed, etc.  I have Boost Mobile so I don't know why there is a Verizon message.  Also, my text functions only work with certain phone numbers, and FaceTime doesn't work either.  This all started during the storm yesterday afternoon and is still out.

Responses

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there @dlm We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. Let’s take a closer look at this. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~JoyP.

26 Messages

1 y ago

I'm having exactly the same issues,. Can't use 611.

3 Messages

1 y ago

I’m having the same exact issue and I can’t even call customer service I’ve been without a phone all day and I’m done with Boost! Switching carriers TODAY!

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

We're truly sorry to hear that, @jcharles1490 and @catchtwentytwo. Please send us a private message with your current address to verify the service in your area.

10 Messages

1 y ago

I messaged an agent and got an answer that the outage in my area (Torrington CT) was due to tower issues.  Didn't get a restoration estimate, they just said they were aware of the issue, and working on it.  I'm assuming it's storm related.

3 Messages

1 y ago

Did anyone get any resolutions or help from anybody from this company?

26 Messages

1 y ago

I received the same response in a private forum message.  Today (at home) we've received  some texts but get the Verizon recording on outgoing calls. If I call the cell from our landline, it goes to voicemail without ringing. We live in Trumbull so this has to involve more than one tower. However I could get service in Shelton, which is roughly 4 miles away.

3 Messages

1 y ago

I am in upstate NY and they advised the two towers should be fixed by 1:30p so fingers crossed. This is insane 

16 Messages

1 y ago

I am having same issues.  I live in zip code 12561 and have not had service since storm on Tuesday.  I called customer support yesterday and they said it should be back within a few hours or by today.  Still nothing,  I have an elderly father with boost who is having the same problem, not able to make or receive calls or texts, and he can't be without a phone for much longer.  He lives alone and his health is declining.  If they can't get this fixed soon I'll have to find another service provider.  I have other family members and friends who live in same area who have a different service provider and their phones are working just fine.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Sorry to hear that you're having issues @scostas01. Please send us a private message with your current address to verify the service in your area.

26 Messages

1 y ago

Yesterday I asked for an ETA in a  private message and was told that they did not have an estimated time, which is more believable than what others have reported. 

BTW, my next door neighbor has the same problems with his T-Mobile service. If Boost/Sprint has migrated their systems to them,our issues make sense. I suggest everyone ask neighbors/family/friends the status of their provider's coverage and post the findings.

16 Messages

1 y ago

That's good to know, thank you.  I am still waiting for a response to a private message I have sent, but I'm not very hopeful.  I have family who have service with their Verizon phones.  I found this site that shows cellular outages across for various companies around the country that has been somewhat useful and see that people with different companies are having same issues.

Link to site:  https://istheservicedown.com/companies

16 Messages

1 y ago

Correction:  My family has service with their AT&T phones.

Update:  It is now Saturday AM.  Thankfully, my elderly father has his full services restored.  However, I am still without outgoing calling or texting capabilities.  I was advised of an outage in my area by private message yesterday morning.  By noon, I noticed a difference in the bars (it went from an x in the triangle for a few days, to showing bars again), that's when I tried calling and texting out, still to no avail, but received a call from my father, as well as all the texts I had missed.  That is still the current situation as of Sat 8/8/20 at 7am, I can receive calls and texts, but I still can not send any calls or texts, even Boost's customer service 611.  I have reset my phone, left it off for a while and tried removing SIM card and playing w/mobile network settings, and none of it helps.

Is this a sign of slow progress with fixing towers, or that I need to do a factory reset, which I have tried to avoid at all costs with fear of losing valuable information on my phone?  Either way, I hope this is resolved soon. 

10 Messages

1 y ago

I still have no use of outgoing or incoming calls.  I do have "some" text ability, but not with all numbers. The bars on my phone have shown as full this whole time.  After several attempts at 611 I did finally get a rep last night and she stated that she could not help me because she is a Sprint rep and not a Boost Mobile rep, and that she cannot see my phone or account.  She did manage to transfer me to Boost Mobile and it was just a revolving set of pre-recorded options to pay my bill, buy a new phone, add new service, etc.  No way to talk to a real person.  My son has T-Mobile and he is half a mile away and his service was out but back on as of yesterday morning.  My neighbor has AT&T and she never lost service.  My Aunt who lives in Harwinton, CT never lost service, despite losing power for 4 days.  I did not lost my power, and I did not lose my internet, but my Boost Mobile phone service has been out since Tuesday night.  I'd like to know exactly where the problem is.  I'm also still getting messages when I call out that says "welcome to Verizon" and that I'll be transferred to an external operator (which never happens.)

10 Messages

1 y ago

Oh, and my area is Torrington, CT in Litchfield County, zip code 06790  No ability to make or receive phone calls since late Tuesday night.  Have not been able to connect to a live person at Boost Mobile.  Private messages to agents result in an answer of:  we are aware and are working on it.