ArenLykos's profile
ArenLykos
Congratulations!
Great Topic!
1st Timer

11 Messages

Mon, Jun 29, 2020 11:00 AM

Service issues

For the last week or so, I will randomly have an issue where I can't send or receive texts or calls, even though I have full bars. I won't know this is going on until I try to send a text and I get an error message saying that I don't have any service. I have to cycle my phone through airplane mode, wait for it to finally pick up the network again, and then I'm flooded with texts and missed calls/voicemails. This is unacceptable. What is going on?

Responses

Nosh_CxUx

Boost Care

• 

2K Messages

• 

160 Points

8 months ago

Thank you for letting us know, this has been escalated and we're currently working to get this fixed. We apologize for this experience. We do our best to help, since we're still receiving your PMs, what type of phone do you have?

Nosh_CxUx

Boost Care

• 

2K Messages

• 

160 Points

8 months ago

Hello, @ArenLykos. Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address so we can further assist you. 

ArenLykos

11 Messages

8 months ago

@Nosh_CxUx I received an email notification that I have a private message, but I am unable to see it.

Reinhardt_S

Boost Care

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

8 months ago

We understand. We recommend to try dialing a network update. Please dial ##72786# and wait 3 minutes while your device turns off and on and completes the network update. Please check the service after this and keep us updated with the results.

ArenLykos

11 Messages

8 months ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e.

ArenLykos

11 Messages

7 months ago

I tried that, and also did the software update that just got pushed out. If anything, it's gotten worse. I've had this issue twice just today. I need to be able to use my phone to work and make doctor's appointments. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to look into switching carriers.

JohnJ7

Boost Care

• 

2.4K Messages

• 

1.6K Points

7 months ago

Hello, ArenLykos! That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this. Let's get this thing figured out. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account. Thanks.

Vouttav

11 Messages

7 months ago

I don’t like the “private message us” reply from Boost. It defeats the purpose of a Community Support forum.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

• 

1.7K Points

7 months ago

Hi, Vouttav! When we request a private message is to treat specific account situation.

ArenLykos

11 Messages

7 months ago

I followed the instructions that were given (twice at this point) and I'm still having this problem. I'm not interested in following this procedure again, as it doesn't seem to do anything. If you can't give me another option, I will be switching carriers.

Please make sure that the WiFi is off and the data on, then follow the steps below,
1.    From the home screen, select the phone icon, press keypad if necessary.
2.    Enter ##72786#
3.    When SCRTN is change to factory default value for DSA message appears, select Yes.
4.    The device powercycles.
•    Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically.
•    Note: If you accidently hit Cancel, or Hands Free Activation does not automatically start, please restart the device.
5.    After PRL is updated, select OK.
6.    Select OK if there is a profile or firmware update.
7.    The device powercycles again.
Once the updates are completed, please test the phone and let us know if there’s any improvement.

ArenLykos

11 Messages

7 months ago

I tend to agree. They ask for things like your address (which shouldn't be on a public forum), but then they just give generic information. Here's what I got from them:

Please make sure that the WiFi is off and the data on, then follow the steps below,
1.    From the home screen, select the phone icon, press keypad if necessary.
2.    Enter ##72786#
3.    When SCRTN is change to factory default value for DSA message appears, select Yes.
4.    The device powercycles.
•    Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically.
•    Note: If you accidently hit Cancel, or Hands Free Activation does not automatically start, please restart the device.
5.    After PRL is updated, select OK.
6.    Select OK if there is a profile or firmware update.
7.    The device powercycles again.
Once the updates are completed, please test the phone and let us know if there’s any improvement.

AmyM25

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

• 

2.2K Points

7 months ago

Hi. We're sorry to know you continue having issues with your service. We want to help. Please send us a private message, so we can verify the next steps to follow from this point. Thank you! ~AmyM25