User's profile

Wed, Jun 21, 2017 5:00 PM

Roaming

I payed the 5 dollar add on to use Data Roaming in mexico but i am unable to turn it on. It says "Data Roaming: you lost data connectively because you left your home network with data roaming turned off" i have a lg stylo 2

Responses

37 Messages

3 y ago

Just an update.... I have been having to manually search for the network everytime I visit Tijuana to have 3g data, otherwise it connects to an edge network... once I return to San Diego, I manually change my network back to automatic....

Boost Care

• 

904 Messages

3 y ago

Does it connect to an edge network when you have the Network Mode in Automatic? Once you manually configure the network type, does it stay like that until you get back to the US, or you have to keep changing it constantly?

EdwinRG.

37 Messages

3 y ago

When I cross into Mexico, if I have international roaming on, it connects to an edge network...once I manually select Movistar, It remains connected to the faster network while in Tj...

Boost Care

• 

904 Messages

3 y ago

Thanks! We'll escalate this to our back-office team for further investigation. Thanks for your reply!

EdwinRG.

37 Messages

3 y ago

This is a problem going back many years, even with my S5 I was having the issue... on my own, I discovered a fix I can live with for my S8...

2 Messages

3 y ago

I am also having the same problem, data roaming at E Umatilla Blvd & E Collins st. Umatilla Florida 32784

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 y ago

Hi there Darinw40. We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers in your area. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience. Victor21

37 Messages

1 y ago

Just an update... I now have my S20 Ultra... Voice Roaming in Mexico works, but data did not... I had to ##DATA# .....enter MSL code and select boost roaming APN for it to connect to data.... Had this issue with my S5 (boost), S8 (boost), S10+ (Unlocked), S20 Ultra (unlocked)..... this is something that only happens with new phones or when a major update is released, so it's difficult to diagnose as each time something different occurs that fixes the issue....

1 Message

2 m ago

My Data roaming is greyed out ony LG Tribute Empire how do I turn it on

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

Hi! Thanks for reaching out to us. We are glad to assist you. Roaming turns on automatically when you are in a roaming area. However, data roaming is not included. Only voice and text messages work in roaming coverage areas. 
- AmyM25