Frankiejay52's profile

Tue, Jun 30, 2020 6:00 PM

No service at home LG K51

Just got the new LG K51 and have no service in my home... While all 3 of my other phones work fine. I called customer support they told me I had to call LG. LG treated me like I was stupid for calling because they only do security updates on the phones... Call boost back and was told to return the phone after I ported my number in from Verizon... I want to keep service but why does this phone not have any service in my home while all 3 of my others have full bars.

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

9 m ago

Sorry to hear that you're having issues @Frankiejay52. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin, MEID and SIM card number so we can take a closer look.

6 Messages

8 m ago

I found this post by Em_Will_I_Am and it sounds like it is related to this problem but what is a comparable non-impacted plan?

Symptoms

An issue impacting voice services has been identified with Legacy Boost Shrinkage Plans. K51 users may be unable to make or receive voice calls while on these plans.

Solution

As a workaround customers are encouraged to switch to a comparable non-impacted plan until this issue is resolved.

1 Message

I have Metro Pcs. For 3 yrs. But this LG K 51 drops calls ALOT EVERYWHERE ! 

I have been to two different locations and could not get service at all. I am not happy spending $150 when  I never know whether it's going to work or not

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

Sorry to hear that. Your signal, and your specific network coverage will depend on the radio transmissions your Device can pick up and Services you’ve chosen. Our coverage maps show our coverage estimates using Services outdoors under optimal conditions. Coverage isn’t available everywhere, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change without notice. Service speeds are not guaranteed, and depend on the Service purchased as well as other factors, such as your Device, your location, structures, buildings, weather, geography, topography, server speeds of the websites you access, network problems, network or internet congestion, software, signal strength, actions of third parties, etc. 
- Fonsy82

3 Messages

That's cool so what you're saying is that you don't stand by the service or products you sell.  Awesome!!  A phone should function otherwise the phone and/or the service is a complete waste of time and money.  You can cut and paste excuses straight from your legal contracts all you want, but at the end of the day boost can't and won't fix this problem because it's cheaper to continue to do nothing.

6 Messages

8 m ago

I also have had no service at home with LG K51 for a month now.

I've been to multiple Boost stores and spent many many hours on the phone and chat with tech support, doing everything they told me over and over but no solution can be found? I've been told many times by tech support that this phone should have been sold with two SIM cards but I only have one that is white and the store I purchased the phone from says they have only one SIM card. Boost tech support said they could ship me the correct CDMA SIM card but after waiting a week they call and say it's not available, sorry.

There must be a reasonable solution to this problem.

I thought of using the WIFI Calling feature many phones have but according to tech support this phone or service does not support that.

Boost Care

• 

2.7K Messages

8 m ago

Hello, RCL120. That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account?

6 Messages

8 m ago

I go through "private messaging" only to be told there is no expanded service at my location.

That's what I've been telling every person at Boost and still no answers, will the Attorney Generals Office have to get an answer for me?

What is going on with this company?

Sell me a product that does not work, refuse to refund my money and a month later I get the dumbest response I've heard all month.

5 Messages

8 m ago

I bought the LG K51 like a month ago and couldn't load a page on google with 4GLTE and a tower across the street. Internet speeds upload 2mbps/download 3mbps. I sent the LGK51 phone back for a refund and put the service back on my LG tribute for the remainder of the month then IM GONE... Or you have them unlock the phone then change carriers... I was on the phone for HOURS WITH ALL KINDS OF TECH SUPPORT but its evident Boost has no clue what's going on... Not to mention the 60$ plan is now only 35GB of high speed before you're throttled down to speed of 2G... Save your time effort and money and just switch to someone else... If you're looking for help on this forum you will get an "agent" asking for info to later tell you they can't help lol Boost is a JOKE.

3 Messages

2 m ago

I just got a lg k51 and its junk iv had it one day and nothing works right . i have 4 bars and finally internet service but cant text or call . all the tex were eager to help but nothing they said worked.

3 Messages

Boost its selling everyone a lemon phone!!  Because everything I'm reading here is exactly what I've experienced.  This phone should be recalled and everyone who bought one should get a refund of their purchase price.  Boost cannot and will not fix the problems associated with this phone.  I have 20k plus subscribers on my YouTube channel and I'm going to do a whole episode dedicated to telling people to avoid this phone and to not use boost mobile.  

3 Messages

1 m ago

Boost its selling everyone a lemon phone!!  Because everything I'm reading here is exactly what I've experienced.  This phone should be recalled and everyone who bought one should get a refund of their purchase price.  Boost cannot and will not fix the problems associated with this phone.  I have 20k plus subscribers on my YouTube channel and I'm going to do a whole episode dedicated to telling people to avoid this phone and to not use boost mobile.  

2 Messages

1 m ago

We are having the exact same issue with our LG-K51. I just got offline for the 3rd time with Boost Mobile online support. Each time they chat me through with try this troubleshooting and it will start working again. This time, I was assured that I would have no more trouble and then it stopped working again while I was chatting with them. While it is working at this time, I no longer trust it. The last time I was told I needed a different plan and now pay $80 a month for our two phones when we were playing $60. If we can't use this phone/service, then it is worthless. Is it a hardware issue? Is their network? We were Virgin Mobile users that never had any issues, even after they switched us to Boost. Buying this Boost phone has been nothing but trouble.

1 Message

4 d ago

Keep reading. Boost is selling junk.